"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, March 06, 2005

Two weeks

I'm not planning on posting much for this entire week or the next. I have midterms, then going to LA for the weekend. Then, a friend from college will be visiting for a week! I'm very excited, since it seems post college you don't get to spend lots of time with those friends anymore. I made some very good, very close friends while in college (all from freshman year, what's that all about?)

In any case, Cathi has given me a great excuse to keep procrastinating. A knitting meme...

1. Do you knit continental or English? Definitely English, though I've tried continental too. I don't have to take my right hand off the needles in order to wrap though, b/c I wrap the way a crocheter would...

2. How long ago did you learn to knit? My grandmother taught me how when I was about 8. I lost interest for a very long time, and started knitting again about a year ago. I don't think I'll lose interest for quite a while! I want to start knitting more elaborate garments (sweaters, socks), and learn how to use DPNs.

3. First FO? A scarf, made with baby monkey.

4. Favorite yarn? I don't have a favorite yet, but I've lusted over many. I don't like the feel of silk (it feels squeaky), but love wool, cashmere, and cotton.

5. Favorite pattern? Hmm. I've only knit 5 or 6 patterns so far. All of them scarves except for the FiberTrends Clogs. I like the backyard leaves from Scarfstyle, the ubiquitous Clapotis... and the clogs are quick and easy.

6. Favorite pattern source? Knitty.com is a great place where I like to get ideas of future projects. I do lots of oohing and aaahing when I look up patterns online.

6.5 [I'm adding one of my own] Favorite knitting book for technique/reference (of any kind- general, fair isle etc)? Well, what about favorite LYS, Cathi? They're a great source for knitting help too (The Recycled Lamb). I have Sally Melville's The Purl Stitch for quick and easy reference for me.


7. Favorite needles? I love my circular addis (the metal ones). I also like the Lantern Moon straight needles. I prefer working on wood needles.

8. Nicest thing you’ve ever knit? Either my clogs or the WIP backyard leaves.

9. Most hated project? Well, I didn't finish those projects, now did I? I just ripped them out and never mentioned them again. I tried a huge fishermans blanket, made by knitting 8 different panels... it sucked.

10. Who are you going to pass this along to? I dunno who hasn't had it yet. But, I think Sarah, Michelle, and Anne.

Other news: I am an overanxious worry wart. I came home yesterday after class, and threw open my sliding glass door b/c it was freaking beautiful outside. What followed was about 10 minutes of sheer panic b/c Danger started sneezing madly, then had this wheezing, hacking dry cough. Now, if it was just a couple coughs, no problem. But he coughed for about 10 minutes, sticking his little pink tongue out. freaked me out enough to start calling vet clinics. He stopped, so i didn't take him in anywhere, but I think he might have asthma and allergies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home