"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Drum roll please.....

and...ta da!!! the long promised pictures of some stuff I've been working on. I don't have a picture of my finished felted clogs. The story behind the re homing of my clogs is as follows: When one spends a considerable amount of time in a friend's kitchen, and that friend has a large doggy...that likes to drool and drip water all over the floor, one becomes tired of walking around with either cold feet or wet socks. Felted clogs to the rescue!! Actually, the clogs were knit and felt with this purpose in mind. My house slippers in a home away from home. I'll take pics of them next week.

onward we go!

A close up of the chosen colorway of bamboo yarn from SW Trading company.




Here's a pic of the WIP. I'm loving the colors!




Here are some yarns I bought for more clogs. The oatmeal color is the base color for three sets. It'll be the sole for two adult pairs of clogs. Perhaps the top portion for a kid sized clog. The blue/tan will be the top portion for one set of adult clogs. The blue with fading will be the sole/cuff for the kid clogs.




The black yarn got kind of left out. It'll be the top portion of another pair of clogs for me (a set that gets to actually live with me!)


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh. I can see why you were so taken with that bamboo yarn. What beautiful colors!

3/2/05, 8:23 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Yay, it's great to see the Clap colorway! And what fun the other yarn is...is the blue Manos? I can't tell what the other is. Can't wait until we can knit together again!

3/2/05, 3:19 PM  
Blogger Sarita said...

Hey! You wanna help me with my english? I am getting so confused by my own language left and right these days. And I am supposed to be an English teacher...Help!

Wow...you are tempting me with the bamboo yarn. I can't wait to her what you think about it. And...every time I read your post you talk about these clogs - I am very curious and anxious to make a pair for myself - so let's see a picture! Just teasing... :)

3/3/05, 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home