"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Gregorian chants?

Is that what I keep hearing whenever they talk about the Pope? I rather enjoy that, even if it does give me goosebumps b/c it's all about the dead Pope. And, uh, is it kosher to have him sitting out for 5-6 days? Do they embalm Popes? I thought saints and such didn't get embalmed b/c they supposedly don't decompose (according to some bit o lore I heard while in Italy). Any practicing or knowledgeable Catholics out there care to enlighten me? (just on this one topic, please). Though, I kind of doubt any super devout Catholic can stomach the amt of cussing I do on this blog.

Did anyone listen to me and check out the "Stupid Famous People" blog? Really. The girl is a riot.

What have I been up to? Trying to get my brain back to the 'on' position. Unfortunately for me, my brain rather likes the 'off' position, and all the partying and mind numbing activities I've engaged in over the past few weeks has not kept it active (except for the excellent games of Scrabble I played). I'm scrambling like mad trying to get back into the groove of my schoolwork. The next 3-4 weeks will be tough for me, as all the assignments and finals are due. PLUS videotapes. Yes, I have had to make videotapes of myself showcasing my abilities. Sheesh.

I've worked a bit on the clap, which I'm excited to get feedback about this Friday at Lesley's. (sign up for MHCKnitters on Yahoo!Groups to join in on the fun!)While you're at it, hop on over to meetup.com and look for knit groups. I'm excited for the Littleton meetup next week, as we said we would be getting some MARGARITAS nearby. Back to the clap. I am in love with this pattern, the yarn, and the new needles I bought for myself (addi naturas). I could make another one of these!! But, I think I should finish some of the other scarves (ahem, blush blush) that I started LOOOONNNNNGGGGGG ago. My OCD ass spent many many hours finding, saving, and organizing the buttons from all the RAOK members (all the buttons I could find). See the lovely scrolling marquee of blog buttons on the left? Looks easy, doesn't it? NOT SO. My friend Dar (she's a lurker, but won't comment for fear of spam. someone tell her there's no spam from commenting!) would enjoy the process. Well, enjoy may have been a strong word, but she would understand the sadomasochistic pleasure of the very detailed, organized, and technical aspects of having organized about 100 links with buttons.

And, I've found the wonderful world of bloglines. I had no idea what all that 'feed me' stuff was on other blogs. Now, instead of checking blogs all the time, I get a little 'ding' when a blog I like has a new posting. HOW cool is THAT?

Last. bluFelicia has some funny ass shit on blog. What everyone is sick and tired of hearing about from the NEWS. Shouldn't the NEWS cover NEW things? Not the SAME thing all the time?

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hi cyn! love the scroll! i am gonna add your site as one of my fav's. i want to start a clapotis as well. i saw someone make it out of varigated sock yarn on yummyyarn and it looked great. what are you making yours from? got a recent pic? thanks for all the info for the buttons. i am a little obbsessed with getting that scroll also:) please send what you have thanks. i am in the process of getting it up and running
hug catherine

4/7/05, 7:17 AM  
Blogger Sarita said...

Hey Miss Cyn,

Sorry I don't have a button to offer you. I am one of those annoying people who purposely doesn't do something because everyone else is doing it...but who knows I might give in to my inner desire to be part of the cool crowd....

The scrolling is pretty darn funky though and I can't wait to see clapotis.

Ciao...

4/7/05, 10:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cyn,

Re the pope-apollooza, see my bad girl blog post of 4/5/05.

Love Stupid People, thanks for the referal.

I have trouble reading your blog on screen--I must be even older than I thought, but it's worth more squint lines!

Jude

4/8/05, 9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jude

http://obscureknitty.blog-city.com

4/8/05, 9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home