"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Picapalooza

You've gotta be f***iing me. I just wrote a huge post and blogger ate it. Gobbled it and wouldn't spit it back out. Here's the shorter rendition.

I wanted to title the post "Cosmo and the Clap" but I figured it would attract too many people worrying about STDs. Wait, they're not called STDs anymore, are they?

Here's the pic of my baby with my clap. He wouldn't move out of the way, so I just took the pic with him standing on it. For size reference, he's quite the large kitty. Probably weighs around 14 lbs by now, and 18 inches from the base of the neck to the base of his tail. Eleven stitches dropped, and i love the pattern. i can finally knit w/o staring at the pattern.

cosmo and the clap Posted by Hello


I think I love this yarn. I love the colors. I even like it when it pools a little bit. The blues and camoflauge green keep it quiet enough so that the bright turquoise green doesn't make my eyes hurt.

close up clap Posted by Hello



The next two are pics of the lantern moon needle bag. Lantern moon sure does make a purty bag. Plus, it's practical. I love practical when it's mixed with purty. It's NOT pink. It's a light lavender. Looks smashing against my precious.
open needle bag Posted by Hello


needle bag Posted by Hello


My precious. I'd give a link to the manufacturer, b/c it's similarly priced to the Jordanna Paige bags, but there's no manufacturer's tag. As I mentioned before, i bought the bag is LA at L'Atelier. I have a link to the store in a previous post, so if anyone really wants it.... The bag is a great size. Big enough for a couple knit projects, a text book, and my smallish sized purse.

new knit bag Posted by Hello


The last pic is of my gorgeous best friend on her 30th B-day. We were having a nice dinner on Hermosa Beach with the family. She knits to relieve stress, so she likes patterns she doesn't have to think about too much (no lace, no yarnovers, and no increasing or decreasing). What does that leave? Scarves.

Best friend Posted by Hello

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Clap is just gorgeous. You'll be done before you know it.

4/1/05, 10:54 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I do like your Clapotis very much. I may have to find out where you bought your yarn from. I've been trying to decide what yarn I want to make it out of. Tell your friend she find a few other things to make other than scarves. She can concentrate for a little bit on certain parts and the rest can be mindless.

4/1/05, 6:45 PM  
Blogger jen said...

I know what a pain it is to lose a big post! I hate that! On blogdrive I have the option of "save draft" and I've learned to do that after ever paragraph or photo more or less.

Your Clap is great ... I'm working on one and I"m at the same point more or less, but I bet you finish yours first!! :) Jenifer http://knittingat5337.blogdrive.com

4/1/05, 7:41 PM  
Blogger jen said...

PS -- and welcome to the RAOK ring, I just saw that you're in! :)

4/1/05, 8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how the bamboo is knitting up!! Howmany skeins is it going to take? Love the bag too!! I can't wait to see it next time we knit together!

4/2/05, 6:24 AM  
Blogger jen said...

(hello ... 3 comments in one entry, I'm not a stalker I promise) -- yeah, I think I'll be at Lesley's next Friday! Jenifer

4/2/05, 1:26 PM  
Blogger Violet said...

Clap looks great. Nice colors.

Welcome to RAOK and thanks for leaving me a comment on my blog. Love your kitty BTW, he looks like mine!

4/3/05, 8:55 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Random comment: you're right, they're not called STD's anymore! They call them STI's (infections, not diseases)... weird, huh?

4/12/05, 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home