"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Saturday, April 09, 2005

Look-y Look-y

I got buttons, baby!! Dani from the Fiber RAOK has RAOK'd me with these beautiful buttons!! (insert appropriate oohing and aahing here). The weekend is off to a great start for me, with a knit night at Lesley's home (pics later), which included the Supermodel, Tamara, Jenifer, Shirley, Stacey, Wanda, and Michelle. What a great time we had! Lesley is a great hostess, providing all sorts of refreshments, chocolate fondue accompanied by marshmallows, brownie bites, strawberries, bananas, and bits o pound cake. Plus, the fixins for strawberry shortcake (with REAL whipped cream, I think... which I told myself was just CoolWhip), spinach artichoke dip, lemon dill dip, crudite... did I leave anything out? The night comprised of 1 part knitting, 4 parts eating/drinking, and 5 parts gabbing with show and tell.

We managed to convince Tamara and Lesley to join in the Clap craze. Jenifer, Stacey and I were all trying to work on ours, plus Cathi brought hers for us to fondle. When we all finish, we're going to have a club picture, captioned "the contagious Clap" or something. Jenifer also brought along her Charlotte, which is gorgeous!! The pics on her site do NOT do it proper justice. I was amazed at Tam's knitting speed (the only one who knit continental, i think), and SUPER jealous of Wanda's cute hats she was making.

We were there til the wee hours of the night. I stumbled home, grabbed some shut eye and rolled out of bed for my pilates class. I have plans to go out downtown tonight
and will meet these kind of men. Is it no wonder I'm single?

The ever sage Stacey came up with a terrific idea. That us Denver knitters should carpool down to Co Springs some Saturday early afternoon, do a yarn crawl and have a knit night down there. I thought we should as the CO Springs knitters to host/schlep us around, then we could return the favor in another month.

Ok. Onto the pics (fingers crossed that the driver still works). No. This computer-camera thing is driving me out of my ever-lovin mind. I do have an appt with my technogeek (ahem, tecnhoPHILE) brother tomorrow.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend as much as I am... pics of knit group and progress on my clap coming soon to a theatre near you.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There will be a fee for my appearance last night. A pair of Manolos and a dirty martini, to cool the burning remnants of bulimia left in my throat.

xx,
Supermodel

4/9/05, 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks again for driving, I had sooo much fun! I can't wait for our little trip to the springs and Camp Wannaknitknit!!

4/10/05, 7:16 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Cynthia -- it was really nice meeting you! Hope you had fun going out anyhow and didn't get picked up by guys in pin striped shirts. (Thanks for the link! ha ha ha) Jenifer

4/10/05, 8:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you again. Love the idea of a yarn crawl in C. Springs.

4/10/05, 6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL Cyn Im just happy you liked them all!

Sounds like you all had a great time! And your yarn crawl sounds great - we're trying to schedule one here in NY - actually Long Island, but we want to head into the "big city" for ours, as well as that Flying Fingers yarn bus

4/11/05, 3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home