"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Ten, nine, eight...shit.

Well, I had a blast last night, downtown. My friend and I had our usual marg night, starting with food and a pitcher of margs at Wahoos! We discuss some very philosophical issues during dinner, such as, WTF are men thinking, WTF is wrong with us that we keep dating these men, work, school, families, etc. We bar hopped a bit, with me being disappointed at Martini Ranch. The peeps were either JUST 21 or over 40. Hmm. Anyway, I was able to avoid the pin stripes, but the knit skull caps were out en masse. Hot, but super stoned. Of course, reality set in, and we all ended up pissed off at the world. Someone stole my friend's wallet. Fuckers.

Woke up to a blizzard this morning at 6 am. Sigh. I went to bed at 3am. I plopped myself on the couch and watched early AM news for a few hours, detailing EVERY aspect of the storm. It finally lulled me back to sleep. I was waiting impatiently for 6pm, which was the designated appt time with the technogeek brother. Hmph. He's not ready for me. Pics will be added later tonight (I promise) b/c I have no reason to go to bed early tonight either. My professor cancelled the class for which I am a teaching assistant. No worries about prepping for a lecture tomorrow.

So I KNIT and KNIT. I'll be crocheting in a little bit, since it seems apropos to crochet the blizzard shawl today.

clap in progress Posted by Hello

VHS tape for size reference. She's coming along very nicely, I'm on the last skein of the bamboo.
up close Posted by Hello

blizzard shawl  Posted by Hello

The blizzard shawl. It's about half way done...

Here are the promised pics of the knit night @ Lesley's

supermodel & hostess with the mostess Posted by Hello


I believe the caption speaks for itself.

michlle, shirley, & jenifer Posted by Hello


They're in order, from L to R. Michelle was working on her wavy, which she made look really easy. Shirley was working on a vest, and claimed she was a 'newbie' knitter (she's a LIAR), and Jenifer was working on her clapotis.

wanda & stacey Posted by Hello


Wanda, my precious, and Stacey. You can see Wanda's cute ass baby hat. She's made a blankie out of the same yarn and has plans for some booties too. Stacey was working on her clapotis too (out of Interlacements) but was mostly pondering pink vs purple peep stitch markers. A mutually beneficial custodial agreement was reached between Stacey and Cathi by the end of the evening.

3 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

Nice picts! (unlike mine.)

4/11/05, 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn! I love that purse, stop taking pictures of it already! I think you just enjoy taunting me.

4/11/05, 3:03 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Wolverines, OF COURSE!! Need you even ask? I'm an alum :) State sucks - whenever I was stressing in undergrad from a hard exam/paper, I'd always say "I can always drop out and go to State!" ;) Thanks for the suggestion on the felting. It's HomeSpun yarn (Lion). Have you ever felted it? Have you ever felted anything 3-stranded?

4/12/05, 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home