"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Needle Exchange

1. What do you like to knit or crochet? (socks, sweaters, etc.)

I've knit a couple tank tops, some scarves, and a pair of socks. I'm attempting my first sweater (Rogue) in August.
2. What fibers do you like?
I love wool, and anything soft. Squeaky fibers (most 100% acrylics and some silk blends) make me shudder.

3. What type of needles do you use most often?
Who doesn't love them some Addis? I love both the Turbos and the Naturas.
I also love Brittany DPNs, and covet my one pair of Lantern Moons.

4. Do you like to knit in the round?
I prefer to knit in the round...saves on seaming...

5. Do you use a magic loop method or any other we should know about? Are you interested in learning a new method?
I would love to learn a new method. I use DPNs for socks, but am intrigued by
the magic loop method.

7. Do you have a favorite place that you shop online? (knitpicks.com, knitpixie.com, jimmybeanswool.com....)?
I buy from WEBs yarn and Ebay most often. I am trying to convince my wallet
that I can afford a shipment from knitpicks.

I thought I would add what needle sizes I have already, just in case

DPNs: I have sizes 1-6. but not 1 1/2. I have longer DPNs (6-7")
but want to try shorter ones.

Circs: I have size 3-9. my size 7s are the only pair of addi naturas, and they're only 12" long. the rest are at least 24" long.

Straights: I use these less and less frequently. I have size 6, 7, 8, 10.5s, and 15s.
I prefer shorter ones, since I only use them for scarves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home