"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Void if broken? What?

I watched the Pistons vs Spurs game last night in the large screen room at ESPN Zone downtown with my friends from out of town. One friend (the cousin of my best friend) was rooting for the Pistons (of course, us being from Detroit and all), and his friend and friend's kid were all for the Spurs (boo! hiss!). Luckily, we were victorious. I can't wait for game 7...what's better in a 7 game playoff series than a game SEVEN?

In knitting news, I started the OSW after seeing both Cathi's and Stacey's in person, and Libby's on her blog. Beautiful.



And, if you read the post that I wrote yesterday, but didn't publish until today, you'll see that I need to sign up for Yarn Buyer's Anonymous, YBA if you please, because ever since the Wool Festival, I've been trying to stay high. A local LYS was having a summer solstice sale (35% off), and fellow Denverite blogger Jon works there... which made it a perfect opportunity to meet him AND feed my yarn habit. Jon was supernice, grabbing me a big bag when he saw my overly full arms. Here's what I bought:



I bought the Debbie Bliss Cotton Cash to make the Vogue DB tennis sweater (at least it's a fall knit) and the trendsetter yarn, Taos, to make the Donna, also a fall knit.

I probably wouldn't have fessed up to this extravagance (27 new balls of yarn) so soon after the Festival, but I ran into Wanda, Amy, and had planned to meet up with Stacey. I had hoped that Stacey's newfound willpower would rub off, but alas, she arrived too late to prevent this piggy from going to the market.

In a strange Laurie kind of way, my modem went kaputz on me last night when I got home from ESPN Zone. What am I supposed to do without my internet? AUUUGH. I called the 24 hour service, and it was determined that my modem had died a quiet death while I was away. I got up this morning and went to the local office, got myself a new modem and noticed...



I know the pics in this post are blurry, forgive me for rushing. But the little white sticker says "VOID WARRANTY IF BROKEN."

uhm? what? am I the only one that sees the problem with that statement?

As for the brown katia gatsby (cable) tank, it's almost done. I need to finish about an 2 inches on each strap, then block that puppy. FO reports coming soon!

6 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

All of you making the OSW .. hmm.. I am tempted. Except that I don't think anything like that would look good on me. Be sure to post a picture of the completed OSW when you are done!

6/23/05, 8:10 AM  
Blogger jen said...

I officially declare the OSW the badge of the MHC knitters. :)

6/23/05, 9:00 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

As usual, I am always late to catch the bandwagon! Hah, but want to finish some other things, although I could probably knock this out in a day or so.

Glad your modem is working again. That's no fun to be without the Internets!

6/24/05, 8:09 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I love how you and Wanda are going to have the exact same wardrobe, at least knitting wise. :) I like that Donna yarn, I hope to see it in person some time soon!

6/24/05, 8:26 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hi, i ahve been MIA lately, sorry i haven't commented in a while:) i need to join YBA!!!! i can't get enough of the stuff, i have spent atleast 60 bucks this month. plus i just bought the pattern for the One Skien Wonder!!!!!!!!! somebody stop me!

6/25/05, 1:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you were able to make that sale. I sure thought about it, but was in North Carolina, which really put a damper on my ability to attend. Can't wait to see what comes from it all.

6/27/05, 9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home