"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

SP 5 Q&A

For SP5

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?

> I certainly appreciate some of the more expensive yarns, but I do use red heart and lion brand for some stuff (mostly baby blankets). I’ve just discovered Cotton-ease, phooey on them!


2. Do you spin? Crochet?

> No spinning. Very rarely do I crochet (again, only baby blankets for the most part). I did crochet up the Blizzard shawl from Scarfstyle.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)

> No allergies known. A strong dislike for the smell of smoke though.

4. How long have you been knitting?

> I’ve been knitting just about a year now.

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

> Yes, I do now!

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)

> Lilac is my all time favorite scent. I also love vanilla, orange/citrus, - anything clean smelling (fresh linen or rain smells). No heavy musks (makes me gag a bit). Bread baking, and wood fires are some very good scents too.

7. Do you have a sweet tooth?

> Not too much. Of course, being a woman and all, I do need chocolate once a month.

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?

> I’m limiting myself to knitting and crocheting. I like to cook and bake too.

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)

> I love all music, except country country and gangsta rap. Anything from Snoop to Beethoven. Metallica to Sarah McLachlan. Techno (Plastikman) to Aerosmith. I have a mini IPOD and an mp3 playing computer. I don’t really do gospel or Christian music either...


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?

> I don’t like pink. AT ALL. Any shade (including fuschia). I prefer greens, blues, browns, greys, blacks. I do like purple though. The color of a cloudless sky at twilight (that beautiful rich dark blue).

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

> I am a single woman, with two furbabies (cats).

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)

> Life dreams for now: to successfully finish my education (finish my Master’s, move on to the PhD in the next couple years). Find a man I can love and live with (I’ve found both, but not in the same man). Be kind to others by trying to help as many people as I can, and to not have regrets when I get old.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?

> Since I’m a newbie…this question is tough. I loved the bamboo yarn with which I made the clapotis. I have some tweeds I’m working with now, but I’m not loving how they tend to split. I’m avoiding 100% cottons b/c of the lack of ‘give.’ I have yet to try mohair but I love the soft silky feel.

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

> Anything TOO frou frou-y or bulky. I’m large chested, so I don’t use anything that might make me look bulkier. NO fun fur for me.

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?

> RIGHT now, I’m obsessing over tank tops and socks.

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

> I’m a bit limited in what I’ve made so far. Scarves, attempting a tank, I’ve finished one sock, and a couple shawl type things. No ponchos for me. I’d love to try a sweater soon (the project is in my stash). I love how quickly socks knit up.

17. What are you knitting right now?

> The Katia tank (still) and a pair of socks. Plus, all the UFO (mostly scarves that will wait til Fall)

18. What do you think about ponchos?

> No –a –a. That’s what I think. Not for me. Not for most.

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?

> Circulars.

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

> I don’t think I’ve knit with plastics. I have a mix of both bamboo and metals- it depends on the yarn I’m using.

21. Are you a sock knitter?
> I’ve got one done (using interlacements toasty toes). I have some regia and sockotta sock yarn in the stash.

22. How did you learn to knit?

> My grandma when I was little. I relearned at a knit shop.

23. How old is your oldest UFO?

> Oh boy (blush). About 6 months.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?

> I love dogs, polar bears, bears, pandas, cats, dogs, bunnies, wolves, etc. Anything cute and cuddly. No bugs, spiders, lizards, fish (except for Nemo. Everyone loves Nemo).

25. What is your favorite holiday?

> Thanksgiving, hands down (for food content). Next up, 4th of July. Love the sparklies.

26. Is there anything that you collect?

> Books, yarn, friends, shoes, handbags, clothes…

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

> none. I’ve bought and liked a few issues of Vogue knitting and Interweave knits.

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on?

> Too many to list. I can’t wait for the latest Stephanie Plum book by Janet Evanovich (the eleventh book in the series). Trying to get a copy of Stiff by Mary Roach. And….can anyone say HARRY POTTER? (but I have it on hold at the bookstore for 40%). Wrap Style, maybe. I’m hoping it’s not really PONCHO style.

5 Comments:

Blogger Andrea said...

Thanks, Cyn! I need all the support I can get! ;) That puppy is SO cute!

5/26/05, 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Cyn! I've got a copy of Stiff if you'd like to borrow it... I haven't read it yet but my hubby enjoyed it. I think especially because his brother was a mortician.

5/31/05, 12:01 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I hate waiting for a new blog post from you! :) Just kidding, I just can't wait to hear about all the fun you had and yarn you acquired.

6/1/05, 11:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm watching you... :)

Also, you mentioned that you have an Amazon wishlist, but didn't provide the link. How am I supposed to buy things from it for you without the link? :)

6/4/05, 9:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You said "no spinning"... is this because you don't want to spin or simply that you don't spin yet and may or may not be open to learning?
Just curious.

6/6/05, 8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home