"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Dum dum dumb!

Title is to be said in the style of badly made movies when horrible
things have just happened. We'll start with cheery news first. I have 2 days left in the semester. I had a final exam tonight, which kicked my ass, but it's over, right? I can't really torture myself anymore about it. The other final exam (on Thurs) is a joke. It's an open book, open note, GROUP final (didn't I bitch about this already?) So, I kind of consider myself finished with the semester.

Knitting news: Here are promised pics. I'm trying to avoid the feast/famine thing I have going on with posting pics on my blog. Aren't these the CUTEST stitch markers? Michelle gifted us with markers on Friday. I want to make another clapotis just so I can use them!

Stitches


Here's the shipment of yarn from Webs. The skeins on the right hand side are Cascade 220. The green/blue is for a friend's clogs. The secondary color wasn't shipped to me. The other cascade 220 was supposed to be for MY secondary pair of clogs (which would reside with ME), but didn't match. The lighter purple on the left is the heliotrope CE provence. Umm...it's a bit brighter in tone than I thought...

new


Ok. The bad news. See how big the back is? width wise? and I'm not completely done, so I think it'll be too long as well. So, farewell, second attempt at a tank top. I consider this a lesson well learned in the importance of swatching and getting gauge. I'm starting you over again tonight, AFTER I do the freaking math. Doh!


What the hell am I talking about? I'm going to bed right now. I went to bed after 3am, got up around 8am, and am now quite tired. A friend and I went downtown for dinner and drinks after class (we wanted to go to Rioja, but couldn't wait). I've got some time tomorrow to knit, as well as on Friday... would it be ambitious to try to finish the back by Sunday night?

Summer plans are falling into place. The class I was going to assist teaching was cancelled due to low enrollment, which frees up three weekends. I'll be spending a week in Telluride with my best friend and her kid (of the felted clogs fame), and I'm going out to the east coast (NYC, Philly, and Wash DC) for a wedding and spending some time with friends. The last time I was in DC was in 8th grade, so I hope some time and maturity will help me appreciate our nation's monuments more.

4 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

congrats on being almost done with the semester (what a great feeling!) -- and I think tank tops can be roomy (?!).

5/4/05, 8:19 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

The tank top isn't so huge, it actually looks wearable, but because the tank pictures is more body-conscious, I'm sure that is what you were looking for. I hate that you have to rip it out, but you probably wouldn't be happy with it otherwise. Congrats on school being done this seemster! See ya when I get back!

5/4/05, 8:53 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Hooray! School's out! (for you anyway)
Have fun over the summer, and don't forget to post and tell us how your holidays are going.

5/4/05, 8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the stitch markers!

5/4/05, 9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home