"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, May 02, 2005

wherever you go, there you are...

I don't remember who said that, but it's so true. You can try to ignore something, try all sorts of things to distract yourself, but, at some point, WHACK! there's that freaking problem in your face.

I'm realizing I must rip out the tank top, ALL THE WAY to the bottom. Unless someone chimes in and tells me that you use TWO inches for seaming the pieces together. I've got about 2.5-3 inches extra width(compared to my black tank), it's too long, and lots of other things I'd change for the tank. (skip this part, these are notes to self re: pattern using this weight yarn) instead of decrease every 10 rows on each side, decrease every 8, do a few regular rows (until measures 8 in), then increase every 8 rows. for the armhole shaping: bind off 3 stitches for both sides, (over 4 rows), then bind off 2 stitches per side 2x (over 4 rows). Arm strips: cast on 7 instead of 9 and compare length to armhole. it's NOT the shoulder straps like you thought, you idiot.

I know I promised pics. and I should post some so I can remember why it's so important to do the whole GAUGE and MATH thing later on. This post is an official note to myself "stop being lazy, do the fucking math"

Oh well. I needed to study for finals anyway.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buckaroo Banzai said it. And they are words to live by.

5/2/05, 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a bummer!! I hate it when that happens.

5/2/05, 4:22 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

YES! I am no stranger to Zingerman's Magic Brownies (Sans nuts, please! ;) Yummmyy BUT, I must say my all-time fave is the Brownie Obsession sundae at TGI Friday's. I don't know what they do to make that ooey goodness, but I think it has something to do with Oreo crumbs on top and the truly fudgy (not cake-like) bottom! Ahh -- I could just die!

5/2/05, 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home