"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Ripped and fabulous.

So, I did rip the 3" of my gatsby tank. I'm fine with it, seeing as I'd rather work on a tank that will FIT me when i finish, than sob sob sob b/c it's too big. I'm about 7-8" done with the back, and hope to have the back completed by the end of this weekend. Pics then. Plus, it's really the front that's the exciting part.

I've got PACKAGES! My friend Paul, who was visiting me in March, sent me a thank you gift. One of those Q20 game thingamajiggers. If anyone out there is in denial about how freaking smart computers are nowadays, they need one of these. It's 20 questions in a gameboy version. And it's got a smart ass attitude.
The second package of the week was my order from Loop yarn which accepts PAYPAL!!! That's like free money. So I ordered some Jo Sharp Silk Tweed, DK to make....

THE agatha


Yes. I see that it's a cardigan/jacket fall type thing. Designed by Jane Ellison. The yarn will get fondled for an appropriate amount of time and then put away for later in the summer when knitting for Fall becomes appropriate. Sigh. But a beautiful sweater and design, no? Of course, the only reason I can't start knitting it is b/c I don't own the pattern.

I will update later on tonight with a pic of the yarn. Wanda will be happy to know that I did NOT buy green Silk Tweed.

EDIT: here's the pic, as promised. It's the color emporio
Jo Sharp DK


Eight days of the semester left. Not including today. EIGHT. Who knew they could cram in so much evil torture into so few days? But tonight, I will not think of the crap I have to do for school... every Wednesday, my friend and I do a dinner club thingy. We pick a yummy elaborate recipe and try it out. Since we both love garlic, salt, heat, and eggplant, we're usually slobbering over the same recipes.

We've made many dishes... maybe I'll post some recipes at some point, with corrections changes that we made to suit our tastes. We've made dishes like spaghetti squash, something similar to this eggplant dish, pork and tomatillo stew, etc etc. Tonight's dinner is an old stand by, eggplant, tomatoes, garlic and pasta. you can't go wrong.

Last, lest I forget AGAIN, please note the new button on the sidebar for Camp WannaKnitKnit. If you live in CO, and knit or crochet, please consider joining us! We're discussing where and when on the blog that Felicia set up, and we'd love more input! The more the merrier!

9 Comments:

Blogger J. said...

I wish i was living in CO, camp sounds fun!. Taiwan is i still good, it's getting hot though and I am ready to to come back to North America, I need some wide opens spaces but I will miss it when I am gone.

4/27/05, 4:35 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That is a very lovely pattern. The yarn looks very soft and wonderful as well. I wouldn't be able to wait...

4/28/05, 6:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHA. The first think I wondered when you said you bought more yarn for your new sweater was if it was green. :D

4/28/05, 9:41 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Yes! I'm very happy to know that the yarn color is not green! (smirk) Good job on ripping and now you're further along than ever. Can't wait to see the tank. See ya Friday!

4/28/05, 11:02 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Are you sure this wasn't the title for your next personal ad? :P

Love the new yarn, are you going to bring it for fondling tomorrow?

4/28/05, 4:33 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

CYN!!! You are a doll - thanks SO much for the RAOK! I loooooooove the Splash ribbon yarn & can't wait to use it! Any pattern hints???

P.S. - for a good laugh, check the psycho photo I posted of myself in my excited state i was in after getting your package ;)

4/29/05, 5:50 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

P.S. -- Did I mention that my Knitting Meet-up gathers at Zingerman's Next Door? I plan to meet the hubby there for dinner before it starts - this Tuesday! (Perfect opp. for him to get the #88! ;)

4/29/05, 5:52 PM  
Blogger celia said...

That's a really lovely pattern, and the yarn looks soft and warm. Have fun knitting it!

4/30/05, 4:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the looks of the Agatha. Very nice. I also will check out the knit camp deal. On a Raok note-THANKS!! I love the yarn you sent and Zack the yarn eating cat will never lay eyes on it until I have the perfect project in mind.

Thanks again.

Kristen

5/1/05, 7:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home