"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, April 25, 2005

So bead it! Just bead it!

Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend as much as I did. How can a weekend be bad when you spend it with good company? I invited myself over to Stacey's on Friday... we chatted, we ate (and ate), knit, and watched Saved! with Mandy Moore (hilarious, by the way). I got to drool over Stacey's very well organized stash... my favorite was the super soft pink shimmery stuff.

Saturday, some of the crew (Stacey, Michelle, Wanda, and me) met up at the bead store in Park Meadows, where my addictive + OCD personality disorder reared its ugly head.

Beading







See how I had to make SETS of markers?

Wanda's


Then you see Wanda's very pretty and UNIQUE stitch markers.



I couldn't resist these beads of black cat heads and the dolphin.



Here's a pic of a tank I finally settled on (after pouring through both Stacey and Wanda's considerable pattern libraries... Isn't it purty? It's from the Katia #46. I'm using the Elsebeth Lavold Silky Tweed to make this one...



Here's where I need help. I've knit up about 3 inches worth of the back. I thought to myself, "self, you should really check this width to see if it's going to fit!" So I pulled out a tank top that I like (which is also knit) and that's what you see. I understand that there'll be a difference in give, but ummm... I'm pretty sure that this comparison shot makes it obvious that it's too big. So... rip it, right? The black tank is made of 100% cotton, the silky tweed is 40% silk, 30% cotton, 20% merino extra fine, and 10% viscose.

8 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

What a good weekend of fun -- cute markers, cute tank, and I think SAVED! is hilarious, too! Jenifer

4/25/05, 7:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... I always make sets of my stitch markers too. I never even THOUGHT of not making sets. Ooh, just thinking of it makes me nervous (Yes: my name is Leah, and I'm anal).

Lova lova the tank... though I don't think theres any other option other than rippin :-\

4/25/05, 12:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know if you make that tank, I'm going to make you pose with your hair all wrapped up like that...in your Badutis! I love the stitchmarker sets you made!! If only I could be so focused...but alas, I like too many different beads and I'd spend too much on a "set"!
p.s...you can invite yourself over anytime!!!

4/25/05, 4:55 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Cyn,

Randomness - I don't know if I ever told you, but my "non-knitting" blog is called "Happiness is a Virtue" - this is b/c I have issues w/ being patient (re: you gotta twist my arm to get me to sit still!) - so my mommy always said patience is a virtue, & I say happiness is ! :P I can do that one...

P.S. Your kitties are so similar to my Neo (get it, Neo - The Matrix? he's got one of those microchippy things;)!

4/26/05, 6:42 AM  
Blogger Andrea said...

P.P.S. - love the beaded knit markers! - also, the mohawk was a glare from the camera, not my wicked attempts at torturing my kitty w/ Manic Panic ;) though that would be fun, no? ... j/k

4/26/05, 6:46 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I would say you would have to rip too. Did you do a gasp, gauge swatch? Or just do a swatch on what you have now? What does the pattern say is the gauge vs. what you have?

4/26/05, 12:46 PM  
Blogger Life's a Stitch said...

Beautiful beads; I could get hooked. I love texture and colour, but throw in sparklies, whoa! I like the name of your blog.
Li

4/26/05, 6:48 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i really like your stitch markers!!!everyone seems to make their own!!! LOVE EM'

4/27/05, 9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home