"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

how often is too often?

We had the littleton meetup last night, and it was SO much fun. We met at the B&N, then a big bunch of us (9, to be exact) headed off to the Hacienda for some margs and food. Stacey, her mom, Cathi, Tam, Ellie, Libby, Anne, and a few others all enjoyed some really tasty margs and food.

Marg anyone?


The aftermath


Holey kreikey, Batman! Almost lost the post while I played around with the pics.

Anyhoo, after stuffing ourselves to the gills, we shuffled back to B&N for some knitting. It was pretty late (almost 10pm) so not too much knitting was done. Cathi worked on her "just beachey", Libby worked on a very cute ballet styled wrap sweater, Stacey and her mom worked on their claps... I had plans to get the front of my tank going, but seeing as I left the pattern at home, I was forced to work on Tempting... which isn't all that tempting to work on. A girl can only take so much k2p2 before she signs up for the looney bin. Or commits a felony so she can work with Interlacements in prison instead. I wish I had some pics of all these WIPs, but the carb coma had fully set in.

Oh! Prior to setting off to the meetup, I decided I needed some sort of yarn justice for the almost failed yarn crawl from Saturday. I headed over to Colorful Yarns, on University & Arapahoe Rd (in the same plaza as Southglenn Mall). They had lamb's pride seconds, which I snatched up for some future felting projects. Another bonus is that it's open on Saturdays from 10-6pm! If you're gonna go, look for the brown office building on the SE corner of the plaza (nearest to Sears). It's on the bottom floor of that building.

The thought of the week... I know I promised to post more often now that I'm on summer break, but really, how often is too often? If I was a more productive (aka faster) knitter, or had a more interesting life, then I would blog more... but I just don't think anyone wants to hear about all the journal articles I'm reading about competency in multicultural counseling. Or all my drunk friends. Stacey turned me onto Laurie's blog, who can make the most mundane events in her life into the snort coffee/soda out of your nose funny.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, I just had to go see Colorful Yarns over my lunch break...and the lady is really sweet! I bought a bunch of their vintage needles, I just couldn't resist! And then I don't know what happened...but my car just drove all by itself over to A Knitted Peace to grab up the last two skeins of the pink/purple Bamboo yarn. Crazy, huh?! I think that it's perfectly acceptable to take an hour and a half lunch break when there is yarn involved!! :)

5/11/05, 2:04 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Oh, margaritas and fun knitting times ... I'm so jealous! Sounds like fun!

5/11/05, 9:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to agree about k2p2. I don't like that stitch much myself. It looks pretty once you're done, but it really slows you down.

5/11/05, 11:00 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

So no pics of the yarn? I thought that you said you were going to order Glace from her. And some other stuff. If she doesn't, you should really check Ebay- I got a good deal on some there, I can tell you the seller and I can vouch for her credibility.

5/12/05, 1:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, i prefer k2p2 to seed stitch anyday LOL (close, but seed is so much more annoying to me, dont know why)

Looks like you had lots of fun. And good for you on the yarn pickups - I am behaving myself (yea right - lets pretend I didnt buy anything at WEBS sale, or place an order at KnitPicks RIGHT afterwards, ok? LOL) until after our flying fingers run at the end of the month, but hearing about your finds makes me wish I had a LYS that I LOVED - we have a few good ones, but I havent fallen in love with any of them yet.

5/12/05, 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home