"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Weekend bliss

Ahhh... I guess weekends are supposed to feel like this, but it sure feels self indulgent. Friday, I had a spa pedicure, then headed over to the dept. chair's home for an end of the semester party. She had a pretty good spread, with cocktail shrimp, smoked salmon, cheese/crackers, guac and chips, wine and beer. I made the required chit chat (I really do like most of the people in my program, despite all the bitching and moaning I do here on the blog), and escaped around 730pm to head over to Stella's to meet up with Cathi, Stacey, Lacey, and Katie (both of whom I met that night). The venue was great for a knitting meetup, since they conveniently have these comfy sofas and chairs for lounging. The only possible negative of this coffee house is the location. Sushi Den is across the street, which makes parking HELLISH in this area. I say possible negative, b/c you never know if you might get the urge for some really yummy sushi while you're knitting. I do love that area of town, and Stacey pointed out a few cute stores selling various chotchkis that I will be checking out soon. Not to mention that LaTiDa is right down the street. After a good bit o knitting, hunger pains set in, so Stacey, Cathi, and I headed to Jerusalem's for some num nums.

Saturday, I attempted to spend mucho money on yarn. Stacey was shocked!, shocked! I say, that I had yet to go to Showers of Flowers, so we planned a small yarn crawl. The store is really just overwhelming, and I was lucky enough to go back into the storage area (where I almost hyperventilated) to search for some size 3 dpns. Then, we attempted to give some money to Strawberry Tree and Aurora Yarn Supply. Both of these stores close at 4pm on Saturdays, DAMMIT. We hauled our now desparate to buy some yarn butts off to Knitty Cat. I wanted to buy some Berrocco Glace for a tank, but couldn't make myself spend $100 on a TANK TOP. Instead, I bought some Manos and Cherry Tree Hill.





The Manos will become a scarf for me (My So Called Scarf), which I wanted to start immediately. Good thing I don't have a ball winder. Instead, I restarted my Tempting. The last attempt ended in disgust b/c I twisted my stitches.

Now for a gratuitous pic of the furbabies.


That's what I woke up to this morning...a good start to my Sunday. Happy Mother's day!

6 Comments:

Blogger --Deb said...

The Manos has such beautiful colors! Really nice! I can see why you're tempted.

5/8/05, 4:03 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I like what you picked....would it really be $100 for a Glace top? You should check Ebay, I got a good deal on some. I also have a tank made out of it, you can see what you think of it.

5/9/05, 12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, Saturdays yarn crawl is going down in the history books as one of the funniest shopping days in my books! Thanks for hanging with me!! Mmmm, I do love that fried food...and rolls...mmmm, rolls.

5/9/05, 7:26 PM  
Blogger jen said...

What fun!! Sounds like such a fun day ... I just love yarn store crawls. And fun to do it with Stacey!! Congrats on the end of your semester, too. :)

5/10/05, 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous. That manos looks awsome. I love the colors in it.

5/10/05, 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Sushi-Rama Rino said...

Nice cats. I have 3 adopted cats same colors with yours. But the other one has white stripes on the tail part.

2/20/19, 4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home