"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Weekend Update...

A picture is worth a 1000 words?


That's the finished (sort of) back of my tank. Yes. I suppose I could weave in the ends now. Yes indeed, I could.



The instructions are NOT clear for this pattern. The left and right sides are knit up separately, then joined just for the cable in the center.



See? The first time I tried joining them, it just didn't make any sense. I had put both sides (separately) on a circular needle. Um. NO. For my own future reference. Knit on separate needles, working from outside in. Plus, the pattern says the left side should be in front. You think I'm ripping it back so that I can have the LEFT in front? The answer is a resounding HELL NO.



Yes, that's a Barbie. Either Malibu or Latina Barbie, if I remember right. Is there something inherently wrong with me if I don't enjoy chocolate cake? They might revoke my women's union card should I admit that, but I don't enjoy it that much. Now, if I don't enjoy THIS cake on Wednesday, I'll relinquish my women's union card myself.

We're celebrating my dinner club friend's birthday early. I have many May birthdays, my best friend's kid, my dinner club friend (same day), and dinner club friend's kid (a week earlier than the previous two). We're ordering from Wild Ginger followed by the above cake.

must.touch.the.mommy


I spent a good portion of the weekend knitting and reading. Cosmo didn't like that the attn wasn't focused on him. What am I supposed to do when he's being so darn cute? Obviously, the paw-thigh connection is preferable when I'm busy, but could my heart melt into a puddle any faster?

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That tank top looks REALLY complicated and really cool. You'll have to bring it along to the next meetup or somthing. I'm really curious how it goes together.

5/16/05, 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just love pics of your kitties! they remind me of my Toby. My heart melts just seeing your monsters. You can only imagine how I am with mycats. I'm not sure how I ever get anything done around here.

5/17/05, 1:04 AM  
Blogger Sarita said...

You are a brave knitter! I have absolutely no advice to offer you because you are ten times better than me just for trying something so complicated!

And...what is that barbie thing? a cake? ok....what is the occassion? a birthday?

I miss, miss, miss having a cat! Especially for moments such as that...

5/17/05, 1:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just got totally sidetracked on that PastryWiz web site. I think I could spend the rest of the day scoping it out :) I'm SO going to make the Chocolate Heart Layer Cake with Chocolate Cinnamon Mousse for Father's Day for Husband!

5/17/05, 7:15 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

I want to see that tank when it's done. I need to start on some tanks for myself this summer. Cute kitty. I'll have to post a pic of my little doggie for all to see.

5/17/05, 9:17 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Your tank is turning out very well. And good for your for figuring it out! Aren't you glad you got it right even after ripping it out a few times? Maybe not, but it does look good!

5/17/05, 11:56 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

You're doing such a great job with the tank, and you're going so fast! Woohoo! Can't wait to see it on you.

5/17/05, 2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your tank is looking great!! I like the kitty too. You are so lucky to have a cat that will not eat the yarn as you knit it.

Happy Knitting

5/17/05, 4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home