"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, May 13, 2005

No flower power for showers

I had that burning 15% off email from Colorful Yarns, so of course I had to go back. Especially since Stacey went and bought so many of the neat vintage needles. I bought a few pair myself, but limited myself to needle sizes I didn't already have. Sometimes it's good to be a newbie knitter. Since only the YARN was 15% off, I had to search for something to buy!



Artful Yarns, Serenade. 70%pima cotton, 30%angora. 18sts on 7s. I bought enough for some tank or another.



I went over to a good friend's home for dinner. Her little girl is my buddy, and she's a little bit of a princess, as you can see. She was getting her nails done... I had to give her mom a hard time about my buddy's chipped toenails, since she makes us sign the Summer Sister Shoe Pledge every year. It was past my buddy's bed time, hence the blow dry action by her auntie and mommy.

We watched ER at her house tonight. I mistakenly thought it was the season finale, in which Carter makes his exit (sniff sniff). I'm obligated to bring dip every time I go over...my friend thinks there's a secret to the dip (nope, it's really as easy as I say...just follow the directions).

I laid out the clapotis this morning b/c D' asked me some questions about the clap made out of bamboo. I came back to this...



Really!?!?! Does that one thin layer of bamboo make the rug cushier?

Here's the part where I vent a bit re:LYS. There are enough LYS here in Metro Denver to make sure my pocket and bank account never suffer from overflowing. I mentioned earlier that Stacey took me to Showers of Flowers last weekend to show me the "largest yarn store" in the world. I don't care that it's so big, their customer service sucks. I was excited to start knitting some socks, under the expert tutelage of Ms. Sheep in the City herself. I bought some DPNs at said store... when I got home, I noticed there were only 4 needles in the set of Clover Takumi needles. Hmm... that seems strange, so I google Clover DPNs and see that yes indeed, their DPNs are sold in sets of 5. I hiked my butt back to SoF yesterday. Do you think they gave me the cash back? (they didn't have another set of clovers, i guess). Nope. Some lady told me that's how the clovers come. Hmmm. Offered me some alternatives (brittany's, lantern moons) for which I could pay the difference. Seeing as I paid $6.50 for the clovers, and Lantern Moons cost half an arm, NO THANKS. I took the store credit. As I put my receipt away, I saw...



PROOF that clover takumi DPNs are in sets of 5. Do you think I'm being picky/bitchy about this? I kind of expected my cash back, an apology, SOMETHING. No soup for YOU, SoF!!!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you! I am not a big fan of SoF either. I loved the Clap.

5/13/05, 7:31 AM  
Blogger jen said...

OOh ... you've been "showers of flowered". It's amazing how many yucky stories there are out there ... Amy (have you met her?) was told she couldn't work there because she was too young and had children. (!) They have a good selection, but you seriously have to go in there knowing to completely avoid the salespeople and be 100% sure of what you're buying. I'd go back and complain that you're going to start a blogging campaign against them (not that they would know what that means.). Ha! You could always get cheapies at Michael's and just use one plastic or metal dpn.

5/13/05, 7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a bad LYS experience. I'm sorry!

My 3 cats do the same thing! My cats love to stretch out on whatever I'm knitting. It's impossible not to have cat hair on everything. Gotta love em' anyway. They give my things character. =0)

5/13/05, 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yippee,there's wireless up here where I'm staying! So, if you aren't going back over to that friends house for the season finale next thursday...you can come over to my place!! Those ladies over at S of F are weird, seriously. I have no love for that shop anymore:( Which is a bummer because they have so much potential!

5/14/05, 1:01 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i too thought it was carters exit and i missed it, thank goodness i was wrong and it is next week! i have been watching since the first season!
your friends little princess is really cute, show those toes:) That is a great "cat mat" and you thought it was a clapotis for you, shame on you silly human:)

5/14/05, 10:13 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

SoF's customer service pretty much sucks eggs! I don't care that they carry so much yarn. I will only go there for something specific, but otherwise have not made it a priority to go there. And if you saw it comes in packs of 5, then you should tell them that's not how it's sold and you want your money back and not a store credit b/c they don't have what you want.

5/14/05, 8:54 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

after reading the sandal pledge, I had to take a look at my feet to make sure that I wasn't in violation.

My heels could use some more lotion though. Thanks for the reminder *LOL*

5/16/05, 1:43 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

The only DPNs that I know of that come in a set of four are the Susan Bates ones. All the wooden/bamboo ones I have come across have always been a set of 5.

You have to wonder what that women is doing working there.

5/20/05, 11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home