"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, June 20, 2005

I need a hit. STAT!

It's so good to be home, and to know I'll be home for more than a few days. I've been feeling a lot guilty about leaving the kitty kats while I've been away. I doubt I'll do it again, b/c the anxiety is just not worth it. Good thing I have friends who are more than willing to look in on the kitties for me.

If you want a yarn related post, scroll down to the ****s...otherwise, I'm just journaling some notes about my trip out East.

The whirlwind tour of the east coast isn't all that exciting, b/c it involved absolutely NO yarn. NONE. NADA, NIL, ZILCH. I barely knit a stitch. I flew into NYC on Friday night, and we ate at the Yuca Bar, including Yuca fries, coconut shrimp, empanadas, and calamari. My friend Anna and I polished off a whole pitcher of sangria, making our walk home very pleasant (if unsteady). The next morning, we splurged on some bagels from Ess-A Bagels. For those of you that think Einstein's and Bruegger's actually makes bagels, these would've helped you figure out the difference between round baked bread and a bagel.

Saturday and Sunday were spent on wedding events. Rehearsal dinner on Sat night, the wedding on Sunday. We left Manhattan at 2pm, got to the hotel, changed, and got to the rehearsal dinner in Philly at 7ish. Yes. FIVE hours of traffic.

The wedding on Sunday was a beautiful event. A couple that takes that leap of faith, vowing that they want to spend the rest of their lives together, is as close to a miracle as I can fathom. HOWEVER, all these beautiful emotions rolling through me did NOT prevent me from noticing the oppressing humidity (90%!) and heat (90+ deg F). While the couple was in shade provided by the Hoopah, the guests were getting close to having heat stroke.

After the wedding, my friend from MD picked me up. His family and I went to the Baltimore Orieles/Houston Astros game on Monday night. Though I prefer not to attend, watch, partake of any sort of baseball, it was fairly enjoyable! Since it was a night game, it wasn't horribly hot. The seats were club level, meaning we could escape into the AC when we wanted to, and we brought binoculars so i could people watch. Tuesday was spent in Wash DC, where I had too little time to see too much stuff. I stopped into the Holocaust Memorial Museum, which is not to be missed. Bring tissues. I spent a bit o time in the Natural History portion of the Smithsonian (which is a group of about 10 buildings, and are NOT interconnected).

****************************************************

So, now I'm back, and I've been to the Estes Wool Festival. I've been looking forward to the Festival since I stumbled upon the crack cocaine of yarns, Brooks Farm Yarns. I bought seven skeins of yarn, some of which were 16 oz skeins, and have not one iota of buyer's remorse. Wait, that's a lie. I have remorse that I didn't buy more crack.

What would any reasonable knitter do at this point? When she's already been looking at the website of the crack to see if she can buy more? She looks up their show schedule, and sees that they will be in Taos, NM in early October. Road trip anyone?
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller? (i know at least a couple of my trusty knitting crew will volunteer to enable my sick addiction).

I've made quite a bit o progress on the katia tank with the cable front. Amy schooled me in how to read the stupid pattern (which probably isn't stupid, the stupido is probably me). I've got the neckline and armholes done, just finishing up doing the straps.... quite boring.
Time to buy a blocking board!!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow you had quite the whirlwind of travels there! Sounds like you still had a good time even though you didn't go yarn shopping.

Hey I need a blocking board too! I'm not sure where to et one but i need to look into it b/c I'll really need it once my branching out is finished.

6/23/05, 11:38 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

How's the tank coming along?

6/24/05, 8:10 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

You are always welcome to bring the tank up here, and use my board.

6/24/05, 8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home