"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Beat down

The Denver area has had scorching, melting hot temperatures the last two weeks. I feel like I've gotten a huge beat down...

BUT. You can always count on fiber to brighten up your day, right?
Before:

After:


From left to right:
1) A lovely creamy ball of Heirloom 5ply which is pure new wool made in Australia.
2) a huge skein of some lovely worsted weight wool, which I'm supposed to use to try my hand at dying.
3) 2 skeins of some Amy Blatt Magnolia in a lovely sea green color.
4) a ball of some heathered grey Oro Inca superfine alpaca (which is OH SO SOFT)
5) a bit of some handspun
6) a delicately colored 5 ply, machinewash, villawool.
and some treats!

Thank you Celia!!! I hope you like your package as much as I love mine. I'm already munching on the treats. (and the sachet of potpourri was a great touch. all the yarn smells so...fresh!)

We thought an little international swap would be fun.Celia and I set a $$ limit, and asked each other about color preferences, and off we went to spoil each other.

At Cathi's house last friday, which included all the usual suspects. And then some. I met Gwyn, Wendy, her friend Julie (who is a local and needs a blog), and Natalya. Michaele made her last MHCknitters knit group before leaving for Utah. I hope the book writing goes swiftly, so that she can hurry back to CO.

Wanna see why I got nothing done?



Cathi's furbaby decided my Soleil works better as a kitty bed. I preferred him laying on it vs battling the beautiful yarn.

What have I been up to while I've been not blogging?


I've got 5 babies to make stuff for, some of which are works in progress (the babies), some of which are in the planning stages. All of them due within a year (if all goes well). The blanket on the left is a double shell pattern, the right is called spiderweb (shudder). Do you see how differently the yarn looks worked up in the spiderweb?

Last, you can always count on kids for a good laugh.

I mean really. The boy's 2 yrs old. It must be innate.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, finally a picture of the gal I'm spoiling! :)

7/25/05, 1:42 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I love the crocheted blanket you're making. It's so cute. Maybe one day I'll have you show me how to do it.

7/25/05, 2:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks to me...there is finally a picture a you on your blog:) You should direct your secret pal to my blog, since you occasionally star over at Sheep in the City!:)

7/25/05, 3:40 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i love the baby stuff your working on cyn! okay that pic made me crack up!!!! i nearly pee'ed!

7/25/05, 7:03 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Glad that the package has arrived :D
The colour your own stuff is actually closer to DK weight. I think it may look a littl thicker cos it's spun at a small mill locally and it may not be as tight as some commercial yarn. The recommended needle size IS 4mm(US6).

celia

7/26/05, 8:06 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

kittie...they have away of doing somethign that calls foa 45 min belly rub...

7/26/05, 8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, don't forget me as an unusual suspect. . . :)
-Anne; www.aemcdraw.com

7/26/05, 11:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babies, babies, babies! Such cute blankets!
But what's "jelly powder"?

7/27/05, 12:51 PM  
Blogger Carolyn B. said...

I enjoyed looking at your new yarn goodies. Thought the baby blankie was very pretty. But that ADORABLE pic of little potty-man still has me grinning. Thanks for the smile-o'-the-day.

Now I'm thinking of photo captions. "Hey, who took the sports section?" is my current favorite. ;o)

7/27/05, 11:54 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I "found" you through my comments and you sure are funny. Good luck to those that are trying to have babies and good luck with getting your cat off of Soliel. Your fibery package looks like it will be fun figuring out what to make. Enjoy your day!

7/29/05, 7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home