"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Crickety CRACK. Clackety CLACK.

I got my Peace Fleece!! It's much greener than my monitor displays, but I love it. I think it'll make a beautiful Rogue.

Lately, i've been really boring. Crocheting has made my wrist hurt a bit, so I'm going to be forced to freaking finally finish Soleil. Which is about 3 rows and some seaming away from being an FO. Why do I stall on my almost FOs? Anyone else do this?

In life entertainment news, I've given up being in pain, and went to a chiropractor. I'm yelling "UNCLE" because my lower back has been in pain for over 2 weeks... ever since I got back from Telluride. More evidence that I'm an old lady, b/c the combination of horseback riding and car driving for 7 hours has had my back out of whack ever since. The chiropractor says I 'threw out my back.' If those words don't make you feel old when they're applied to you, then you've got a much stronger ego than I do...

Two days, and two treatments later, I'm doing better. Has anyone else gotten 'adjusted'? I wish it was as simple as it sounds. He 'adjusted' me yesterday, and then just now. What I want to know is, what the hell did I do between yesterday and today that I would've popped my vertebrae out of alignment AGAIN? I sat in a chair for about 5 hours, with a bit of standing and walking thrown in. Then I dragged my butt home at 10pm, and went to bed. In any case, there was a lot more CRACKING than I expected at the chiropractor today.

Here's the best part of my whine...i get free massages when I go in. I DO NOT ENJOY THESE MASSAGES. They HURT. I have deep muscle BRUISES from these massages. In my ASS. Seriously. I asked the Doc about it, and he says, yup, expect some bruising... it's therapeutic. I wonder if this feeling of 'crap, i'm paying to be bruised?' is how my clients will feel when I make them uncomfortable in the process of psychotherapy. Shit.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always stall right at the end of my FOs. I think it's the seaming/weaving and general finishing that I find daunting. Silly, I know.
Tom's been "aligned" before. They told him the reason it takes so long for the alignment to be complete (sounds like I'm talking about a car or something) is because of muscle memory pulling it back out of shape. Did they give you any exercises to do to fix that? Maybe it's just because of Tom's particular problem and it doesn't apply to you...
We'll be knitting at Borders this Saturday. Don't know if you'd like to join us but you are always welcome.

7/27/05, 4:54 PM  
Blogger celia said...

I tend to procrastinate at the end of projects too..
Have you tried going to a good physiotherapist for your back?

7/27/05, 6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stall on those projects as well. I hope your back feels better.

7/27/05, 7:20 PM  
Blogger Nik said...

i have back issues that are due to a pinched nerve. I bought a book about exercises to do for a healthy back and it works wonders. I bought it for 15 bucks in the bargain section of barnes and noble.

7/28/05, 11:07 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well- back problems are the worst. Maybe a butt donut? :P Totally kidding.

7/28/05, 2:26 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I stall towards the end of FOs too. Hello, Donna! She's sitting in the corner, waiting for me to block her and then seam 'er up. I know what you mean. That's why I suggested the finishing party earlier. At least if other people were doing it, it might help to inspire me, b/c otherwise on my own, I'd rather be knitting!

7/28/05, 4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhh peace fleece. That hoodie is really cute. Hmmm...another pattern link to add to my favorites. =0)

7/28/05, 7:42 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh you went ahead and got the peace fleece! alright, rouge is gonna be glam and comfy!!!!

7/28/05, 8:29 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

sorry about your back cyn, i hope your back gets better soon, it may really hamper knitting time!! =O

7/28/05, 8:30 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

you're not old...I'd bein pain after all that myself!

8/1/05, 3:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home