"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Da da dum. the dumb being me.

So. in thinking over this 'contest' about how many subscriber's I'd lose after ranting and outing myself as a serious ass liberal? Not like I had tons of interest, even though I offered up a skein of Koigu... but hullo self? Subscriber info is available to anyone on bloglines. Sheesh. What a dumb-a.

I met up with AmyB, Jenifer, Cathi, and Amy at Flatirons for mommy knitting. No, I did not magically have a baby in the last 2 days, but I wanted to go see Jenifer and Cathi. Jenifer b/c I knew she was working furiously on Rogue, and Cathi b/c it's just been too long. Let me state, emphatically, that I can not begin to express how freaking impressed I am about how these mommy's knit. And finish many projects with children to care for... and not have glaring huge mistakes in their knitting. I think mommy's DO have eyes in the back of their heads!!!

I've pledged to work on my sock for my sockpal2za and scarf for the scarf exchange instead of working on Rogue. I'm about a third of the way done with the scarf, and have started the heel on the sock...

progress pics on Thurs night or Fri morning...

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i never thought of that! but, how would anyone know what number you started with? i mean i don't go around memorizing how many subcribers a blog has.... i don't think it was a dumb idea:)

8/17/05, 6:30 AM  
Blogger jen said...

So, are you losing subscribers because of that? I think the whole bloglines subscriber thing is kinda wierd ... but there's still a bunch of people subscribed to my old blog, so I don't think the numbers are always very accurate! Ha. Anyhow, like I always say, knitting for mommies is really about trying to save some sanity! :) I really need to put this stupid thing down and move on to other must-knit-projects ...

8/17/05, 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! I never thought of that either, but did anyone have a good guess?! I'm determined to work on my Sockpalooza sock too over the next few days. It just dawned on me that the deadline is rapidly approaching!! Holy crap! We need to keep reminding each other to work on it! I finally have the pattern down...so it "should" go faster now:) Yeah right!

8/17/05, 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're at the same place on our socks. lol! Can you say Procrastinators? At least I'm not the only one.

You had mentioned something about TPP in a comment on my blog. Let me know if you're interested in volunteering and I'll get you the info.

HUGS AND LOVE!

8/22/05, 2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My scarf is crawling along as well!

This is really just to tell you that your second package will be sent fairly soon - I am waiting to receive one more thing that I ordered. :)

8/22/05, 4:13 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Yeah, I was going to mention that...but, ummm, I didn't want to ruin your fun. ;)

8/23/05, 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude! did you really lose 67 subscribers? because I just subscribed (yeah, I'm slow) and it says you only have 3 now.
Please tell me it's got the wrong info; it's not like you spend a lot of time emphasizing your politcal views...

8/24/05, 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home