"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Super Trooper

Yes, I like ABBA. But I'll admit it, b/c I'm so geeked about my scarf!!!
Becky sent me this beautiful scarf on Saturday. It's crocheted, and such a lovely stitch. I'd love to get the stitch pattern Becky!!


It's made out of alpaca, so it'll keep my neck nice and toasty this winter! I can't wait for it to get cold enough for me to use it. I'm so glad I decided to participate in the exchange, and I'm about halfway done with mine (the deadline isn't until the end of the month).



We met at our B&N tonight (I rushed over after my practicum class) for our monthly knit group. Here's the group's biggest ham showing off her latest FO. A Hallowig, for those of you who are unfamiliar. She's going to wear this bright creation while running the Race for the Cure on October 2nd. Wish her luck.


The orange tabby is Stacey's purty putty tat. He coulda been a contender at the Silly Sleeping Olympics.




I can't post a pic of someone else's kitty and not show off one of mine. I was just practicing taking close ups and using flash with the camera. Looks like those goofy dog pics with the big schnozs.



Now... NO NO KITTY!! Jesse, trying to devour Stacey's latern moon knitting bag. He was up on the couch, batting away at the handles, and decided to get serious about noshing on the handles!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty scarf. I cannot wait to see the one you are making for your exchange. Zack would love to see it too and maybe give it a good sniff!

9/14/05, 7:32 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Pretty stitch pattern, I like the scarf, very nice!

9/14/05, 12:20 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

eeek! not the bag:) the scarf is super pretty and will be so soft and warm up there in the mountains! (jealous)

9/14/05, 12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awsome scarf. How are we supposed to keep you from signing up for swaps when you get such neat stuff from them. Maybe we'll just keep you away from the sock swaps. :D

9/20/05, 4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home