"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, August 26, 2005

The mid-winter blues...

Oh. It's only end of summer, so i'm a couple seasons early. Let me try to sum up so I don't bore everyone to death (me included). I've been struggling with the decision to continue my education. The graduate program I'm in, successfully completed, gives me the ability to work in CO as a mental health therapist. However, the degree does not neccessarily transfer nationwide. Additionally, I have always been attracted to the field of research. So, I've been seriously considering getting a PhD in some sort of psychological field... which means... I might have to move out of state. Even more depressing... if I move for school, I'm probably not ever coming back. You develop so many professional connections in school that most graduates stay in the area from which they matriculate. That's the big reason for the moody blues I've had lately.

I've been so pessimistic lately, I can even make a terrific knitication into a bad thing. Cathi and Stacey have already shared some pictures of our knitterly weekend in Vail. I had the BESTEST of times with my knit friends who have become dear friends. I worked lots on my Rogue and Sockpal2za sock (yes, sock. singular). We ate, chatted, and crafted early in the morning until late into the evening (or early into the morning depending on your definition). Wal-Mart was involved. The Yarn Studio was raided and pillaged.

Where are the pictures you ask? Stuck in the camera with no means of transferring to the puter w/o the cord.

When I got back to Denver, I had to face the real world. SCHOOL. I started working in the counseling clinic this week, and actually had a client on Wednesday!! The client didn't run away screaming or anything, so I think I did alright.

My mood greatly improved when Stacey and I went to Strings, a new LYS in Metro Denver, to check it out. Lovely customer service and aesthetically pleasing b/c it is arranged by color (which means I can, in the future, avoid the pink section quite easily).

A post of pics to come this weekend.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm going to ignore all this nonsense talk about moving away...and say FINALLY you posted! If I didn't see you every other day, than I'd be worried.

8/26/05, 9:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

you gotta do what your heart tells ya woman! personally if you don't look forward to moving from CO than whay move if you think you'll never make it back? no wonder your depressed! if you can get a good job than stay, if your broke and no job insight move? could it be that simple? Nope:(

8/27/05, 7:21 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

*knits you a hug*

8/27/05, 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you're so torn. I have the opposite problem: it's almost impossible to get a job where you go to school. I know we're not in the same psychology, but is there any way you could sort of "borrow" that part of my program? I mean, since you really want to get into research...

8/27/05, 5:39 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Oh my gosh, I had no idea that you were going through such a tough decision right now. I'm glad that you posted, and I really think everyone is going through a blah time right now. Preparation for SAD, maybe?

8/28/05, 1:57 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I really don't want you to move. I'll be sad. I know you have to do what's necessary for schooling and such, but it sucks anyway.

If that's what you have to do, I think you should go to grad school elsewhere and then move back. You have plenty of affiliations here in Colorado and with professors that you could come back, couldn't you?

8/28/05, 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You could always come back and research the affects of knitting. :D I'd bet you'll have a few volunteers. Hahaha.

So sad that you even have to make a decision this tough. I'm sure it will all work out for the best in the end, whatever decision you make.

8/29/05, 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home