"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Tricks and Treats. Many many treats

from my SP5 and SP6!! They came one day apart, but I got them both on the same day since I had to pick them up from the USPS.

First up. My final package from my SP5, Jena.



WOW!! Jena told me my final package would be late for a good reason... and is it EVER! I would've waited til next year for this package! Two skeins of Artful Yarns Ballet (with which I plan to make myself a beautiful scarf... any suggestions for a pattern? should I carry it along with another yarn?) A sheep tape measure from Lantern Moon, we've got lilac and green tea , vanilla body spray, sticky notes with my initial, packages of tea, and...


the piece de la resistance... the lilac bath salts and lilac solid perfume! Now I can smell like spring all the time. Lilac is my all time favorite flowery smell, but it doesn't last long around CO... now I can smell it whenever I want. Thanks Jena!!!!!!!!!

Now for my SP6 gift!


Here we've got the Classic Elite Yarn (Sands), 6 skeins!!! Sour jolly rancher candies (I LOVE jolly ranchers!), and a cute black kitty cat tape measure!!
just a close up.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to my secret pals!!! I would've blogged about these earlier, but some college friends were in town visiting... and you all know how long it takes to post sometimes!

I still had my volunteer training and school while they were here, but I enjoyed every second of their visit. Though the husband didn't attend the alma mater, I consider him a college friend. It's tough to think of how to entertain friends that live in NYC, but I managed. We dined at 9th Door, a Spanish Tapas restaurant in LoDo. Mmmmmm.... Anna and I shared a pitcher of red sangria, while Scott enjoyed a more manly mojito (or two). On Saturday, Scott's two brothers flew into town (they were here for the football game), so we went our separate ways. Anna and I hit the club that night to hear Richie Hawtin, aka Plastikman spin. He's an amazing DJ, and the crowd energy is spectacular when he comes to town. Lucky me, I have connections... and didn't have to wait in line or pay cover b/c I was on the list. Am I shallow if I admit I love saying that? I was on the list.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - I had no idea you were so well-connected! Gifts, lists, and all. Well done, you!

11/1/05, 12:57 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Man, you're just getting all sorts of goodie packages in the mail. That was so cool of SP5 to send you the lilac perfume and bath salts, that's awesome. I love the yarn you got from both pals too! Any plans to get together for some knitting this week?

11/1/05, 3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awsome packages! Sounds like you and your friends had a good time. Glad to hear it was fun. So. Now when are you going to spend time with us? Heehee. Just teasin. We did miss you Friday though.

11/1/05, 4:57 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow--gifts from two secret pals!! Good for you that's quite a haul :)

11/1/05, 9:27 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Looks like a great set of paccies- will you try another tank with the CE? :P

Glad to hear you are well!

11/2/05, 12:59 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

sounds like you had an awesome time with the college buds! love the haul you got from your SP's!!!!

11/2/05, 8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stash!!!

11/2/05, 8:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you liked it.... and that it was worth the wait. ;)
I was almost tempted to have it delivered to my barista friend and have him give it to you with your morning coffee, but I'm not sure which 'bucks he is at now, having just moved stores.

Anyway, the lilac goodies are from Prairieland Herbs (http://www.prairielandherbs.com) and I highly recommend their stuff.

11/3/05, 6:48 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey there Cyn. :) Thanks for the kind words on Rogue. A week has passed and I haven't of course even attempted the other side yet ... I need a strong glass of merlot first. Then we'll see. How's yours coming??

11/4/05, 1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home