"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, December 05, 2005

Oh...the weather outside is frightful...

and I wish I had a fire that was delightful. Seriously, all that howling wind needs to STOP. I can't sleep.

I am, however, happy to share a few things today.
as quoted from my email, from the program academic advisor...

"Congratulations! You passed the Fall 2005 CPCE Comprehensive Exam!
You will get official notification and graduation announcements via email next week."

woohoo!! That means that I don't have to worry about taking that horrid exam ever again, and I can burn all my notecards. About 400 or so of them. Some school friends and I have already planned having a small bonfire to burn our cards together. Must get fixins for S'mores while I'm at it.

On Friday, I met up with Michelle at Ceramics in the City. We both had great fun painting our ceramic bowls, in which we both plan to show off our most prized yarns. The bowls shall be ready on Friday, and if doesn't look like complete shit, I'll show a pic of it here. I am not the most creative/artistic person, being so left brained, which would be why my butt always follows patterns. The only creative thing I have to deal with is picking out some yarn!

Saturday, I met up with the DenverKnits group (found on Yahoo groups) at Borders... where I worked on Backyard Leaves until I was bored silly. Then Michelle and I convinced Joanne to join us at Colorful Yarns, where they helped me pick out some colors for Fair Isle Jazz out of Scarf Style (I thought that the Mandala throw from Philosopher's Wool wouldn't be the best FIRST experience with color work...) Then Joanne convinced us to visit A Knitted Peace to see the lastesst offerings from Judy Dittmore. Tiny Toes. Sock yarn. I resisted successfully!!

In big news, I have finished Backyard Leaves. Now is NOT the time to go check my archives to see it. It's from the very firt post. I was about 75% done when I put it down in April 2005.


I'm on the last color of spork, which I hope to finish this week. My motivation to finish spork is so that I can cast on for two new projects.

I leave you with cuteness.

9 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Congrats on passing your comps! Burning your notecards; now that will be a delightful fire :)

12/6/05, 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay on finishing backyard leaves!
And yay yay yay on passing the test!! Woohoo goes double!

12/6/05, 7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay! Yay! Yay! No more exam. Yay!

Congrats

12/6/05, 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! And what cute pictures to leave us with. Adorable creatures.

12/6/05, 9:01 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

CONGRATULATIONS on passing the exam! I knew you would! That's awesome! You're much further along on your Spork than I am!

12/6/05, 12:13 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Congrats! What a wonderful feeling!!!!

The Leaves look great- I can't wait to block mine.

12/6/05, 2:38 PM  
Blogger Andrea said...

Congratulations, Cyn!! :) That's awesome news! The weather is frightful here too - on Thanksgiving it was -26 w/ the wind chill, and winds at 30 mph - sucked! Lately it's just frigid and yucky - SAD is no fun! I'm counting the days til the end of the semester - today my advisor told me she thinks I should go for the PhD - HA!

12/6/05, 6:16 PM  
Blogger Dreamy said...

Yay! WTG on passing your comps exam. School's over, hurrah!

Your scarf is gorgeous. I've never seen the pattern before so I'm blown away. The yarn looks like it was perfect--- I'm gushing. LOL.

Congrats again.

12/6/05, 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Congrats on passing your exam. What a relief for you.

12/8/05, 4:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home