"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Holey Blog, Batman!!

Meaning, wow, it's been more than a week since I blogged??

school related stuff has kept me from being a very productive knitter. I managed to meet up with the MHC knitters at Barnes and Noble last Tuesday, and closed down the place with Cathi. I also got to touch and fondle Michelle's latest FO, vintage velvet from Scarfstyle. Actually made with the suggested yard. Aptly named, I must say. The rest of the week was spent with my head in the books studying for my comprehensive exams. thanks to all of those that sent well wishes my way. I'm just glad it's over.
After the exam on Saturday morning, i went over to Stacey's, who was hosting a Harry Potter Marathon, in preparation for the upcoming release of my FAVORITE book of the series. She and her sister hosted many people and had a huge spread of food. Queso (cathi, where were you?), chips, donuts, puppy chow (renamed owl pellets), butter beer, hot mulled apple cider, and lots of other goodies. I worked a bit on Spork and finishing up the two baby sweaters I've been working on. Other than that, i've been busy working on making matches for the Scarf Exchange. I don't know how the SP people do it, b/c it took me forever for just 68 participants of the scarf only group.

Since I have no pictures... I have a meme, tagged by Catherine


What is your all-favorite yarn to knit with?
well, i have the inkling that I would say Brooks Farm Yarn, but I can't bear to knit with it yet. It's my luxury stash yarn, and until i acquire more to sit in my stash, I won't knit what I've got. Crazy? Just a little bit?
My favorite yarn to actually knit with so far has been the SWTC bamboo yarn on my bamboo Addi Naturas.

Favorite needles?
It's gotta be Addis. If I have to knit on straights, I love my lantern moons.

The worst thing you've ever knit?
Right now, it's my Rogue. The twisted hem stitch hurt my hands something awful. Then, to find out that my gauge might be off? I have yet to brave the measuring tape to find out if I need to rip it all the way back like "_blank">Stacey

Your favorite knit pattern?
I like anything that's challenging me on something I've not done before (dropping stitches on the clapotis, making intricate cables on Rogue, doing the leaf pattern on Backyard leaves).

Most valuable knitting technique?
Being able to fix mistakes. Dropping a stitch down a few rows to fix it, picking up dropped stitches, putting stitches back on the needles after they fall off my needles. the second best is the emergency 911 call to my knitting grrlz. Seriously.

Best knit book or magazine?
Nancy Wiseman's Book of Finishing Techniques. Can't live w/o that one.

Your favorite knitalong?
I plead the fifth. I have decided that KALs are not for me. I'm taking a page from Jenifer's book... I'll join KALs AFTER i've finished the project.

Your favorite knitblogs?
Good lord. I'm not linking them. Sittin' Here Knittin', Sheep in the City, In the Pink, WandaWomanKnits, Knit It Yourself, The Cat Ate It, The Knitty Professor, Cast On, Cast Off, and KeepTalking... (Gotta check in with my grrlz first). Then I move on to Knittin'Notes, CeliaKnits, CrazyAuntPurl, The Panopticon, The Diva Knits... and i'm missing so many.

Your favourite knitwear designer?
I don't think I've knit enough garments to have a favorite yet.

The knit item you wear the most?
It's gotta be the clapotis. and the felted clogs by Fibertrends

Who to tag?
I think i'm the last to get the meme.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back to the world of knitters and blogging! Hope to see you at Borders on Saturday morning.

11/15/05, 3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to see you're back! I've heard of some website that will randomly match people up - can't remember the name , though. If I do, I'll pass it along for next time.

11/15/05, 6:28 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Nice meme! Yay to you on finishing your test. You going to Amy's Friday? Take care ....

11/15/05, 8:22 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Glad to see you post again. I'm sure you did great on the test. you know one day you do actually have to knit with the Brooks Farm?

11/15/05, 10:13 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

okay, so many people are knitting rouge and i haven't heard anyone say it was easy yet! this is scaring me a bit, but i love a challenge!

11/15/05, 10:34 AM  
Blogger Dreamy said...

lol. "I hate waiting" for you to update your blog. hahaha. In life the lesson is not to post on blogs while under the influence of painkillers but what the hey? I am sorry that rogue hurt your hands, but I can't wait to see it nonetheless! And it's nice to see a post from you too. Oh yeah. No one tags me for memes. sniff

11/16/05, 1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home