"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, December 19, 2005

The purple people eater

I actually have an FO to report!! Shocking, I know.

Pattern: Baby's Pure and simple pullover by Lana Hames, out of Weekend Knitting
Size: 0-6 months
Yarn: purple cotton ease
Needles: Size 4 circs

Mistakes... let me enumerate these for posterity.
1) i made the front and back slightly different sizes by mistake. maybe by about 2 rows.
2) i mis-read the directions, so there's no rolling at the hem of front OR back. how I managed to think garter stitch would roll is beyond me.
3) i had to knit THREE arms. No, the baby is not a freak with three arms. I made mistake #2 on sleeve #1.
4) when i picked up the neckband, I did well with the picked up stitches. BUT, i didn't remember to make the buttonhole by binding of one stitch instead of yarning over. So, that button hole is slightly small.

Now, some of you who actually know me, may (or may not) be wondering how awful this pattern must be written that i managed to muck it up so badly. It's not the pattern. it's me. I don't like to read very carefully.

On Saturday, Michelle had people over to help celebrate her graduation, which was great. Many yummy snacks, and great company, and got to meet Michelle's family!

Sunday, I was knee deep in dough. Not of the $$ variety, unfortunately. My friend and I have the tradition of making holiday cookies together. We made one cookie each on our own, and had decided on five recipes for Sunday. Yes, five. And yes, we're insane.



Starting at the bottom of the pic, clockwise.
1) Coconut and chocolate chews.
2) Raspberry almond turnovers
3) Peppermint balls
4) chocolate chip cookies (the neiman marcus variety)
5) Cranberry lemon shortbread
6) Spritz cookies
7) Chocolate balls (in the center)

another view:


And all those tins you see? those are the tins we packed up so we could give away all this baked goodness. In true holiday spirit, yes? We began baking at 1030am. We ended at about 1030pm. Needless to say, I'm finished baking for quite some time!

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... that's a lot of cookies! You made me hungry just by looking at the picture.

The purple sweater looks cute and I'm sure that it's fine and that you're just too hard on yourself.

Hope to see you at Tattered Cover on Friday.

12/20/05, 12:45 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

The sweater looks great; it's so cute :) That is a LOT of cookies; now I feel bad for dragging my feet on making cut outs(which I'll be doing this afternoon). See you soon.

12/20/05, 8:20 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Wow, that's a lot of baking! Especially for one with not so much patience. :) Good to see that sweater pattern out of Cotton-Ease! Yay! And if you kept misreading the directions, now you know how I feel. It's almost like as you become a better knitter, you think you can "guess" what's coming next ... so anyhow, that means you're becoming a better knitter!

12/20/05, 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky baby to get such a slaved-over sweater. :) My mom and I had a cookie-palooza on Saturday... fun, but exhausting!

12/20/05, 8:54 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

The purple sweater is really cute! I think it looks great. Man, those are a lot of cookies. I think I might bake some cookies this week after seeing everything you baked. I might make 2 different kinds, that's it though!

12/20/05, 8:28 PM  
Blogger knit-n-stash said...

That sweater is soo cute! I am clad that you did the sleeves over with the ruffle. I have been making cookies also but nothing like you have! Yum Yum

12/21/05, 6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MMMMmmmm. Cookies.
Sweater turned out very cute. Ibet you are thrilled!

12/21/05, 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh! We sooooo need to do a cookie trade sometime! Beautiful!

12/23/05, 8:41 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

atert looking at all that food im glad to say that I am glad to be back on my diet!

12/26/05, 7:51 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

cute sweater!!!! is it for the baby that you made the greek pullover for the mom? i think i gained five pounds just by looking at those yummy cookies!

12/28/05, 7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home