"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

What YOU doin'?

What's been new in my world since my last post? I finished the rest of the applications for PhD programs, started internship full time, and school has
started back up.





In more exciting news, my teeny tiny friend had her baby!


She's seriously tiny. Healthy and happy, and cute as a button!






Knitting update (since the blog is about knitting, right?)

As most of the group have posted, we got together on Sunday for a fair isle tutorial... and starting the color section together.

Group shot. Anyone who knows us, knows whose is whose.

Here's my up to date progress. A few more rows and I'm done with the color section. I can NOT wait to block this puppy.
My progress on the scarf/mitten set for the Scarf Exchange.



Close up of the pattern.







Yarn used: Louisa Harding Kashmir Aran. In blue and turquoise colors.

I've also been working on Ene, but she looks the same. Still on the third chart (second repeat).

14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow... gorgeous knitting!! I'm glad you're back. :-)

1/20/06, 6:14 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, what a cutie!!!

You have been busy. I'm impressed that you have time to knit and blog with all that other stuff going on! Your scarf and mittens look great, too.

Um, re: Diablo's horns - kitten picture detail? Adult detail?

1/20/06, 6:16 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

I really like your color choices for Fair Isle Jazz - they make me a lot more excited about knitting that scarf someday. Nice knitting.
Good luck with the applications. They are always a p.i.t.a., aren't they?

1/20/06, 7:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooh - I've been tempted by Louisa Harding, but haven't bought any yet. What do you think?

1/20/06, 7:57 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your fair isle looks great! Your tension is right on. Very cute baby--I just love newborns(they don't stay that way long at all!). When will you start hearing back from you PhD programs? Hopefully, I'll see you at Tattered Cover next Friday(27th). Have a great weekend!

1/20/06, 8:25 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

she is adorable! so glad both mother and baby are healthy! love the fair isle work and good luck with the ph. d. replies! ohhhh! i love the ISE scarf you're doing!

1/20/06, 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great job. Everything is beautiful. What PHD programs are you applying for?
Your Secret Pal

1/20/06, 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable baby! So cute and prrecious. I still love your colors for Spork.

The ISE scarf is gorgeous and that yarn, so soft and yummy! I don't know if I could give it away or not.

1/20/06, 9:58 AM  
Blogger jen said...

The progress is looking good! ...

1/20/06, 1:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couldn't you just eat that baby!!! so damn cute.

1/20/06, 1:22 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Just popping through on weekly Stashalong patrol--Have a great weekend!!

1/21/06, 1:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby! Thank you for sharing that pic. So sweet!

You have been knitting, haven't you?! Busy busy girlie. Love the pics.

1/22/06, 10:30 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

aww the baby is so cute and little...i love the picture with all of their fair isle swatches.

1/23/06, 4:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Fair Isle Jazz looks fabulous! Great group of colors. I'm just ready to begin the color work on mine. Can't wait to see everyone's in person! Also beginning color #2 on my 1st Charlotte.

The new baby is precious!

1/23/06, 1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home