"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, January 01, 2006

A new year, a new beginning.

Happy New Year to you all! With the onset of the new year, I'll be trying to exert some sort of self control over mysef by joining the Kim's stashalong.


Image hosted by Photobucket.com


Now, all my knitting grrlz know how badly I need to join this new a-long. While I've confessed to most of my recent SEX activities, there are a few more...

I began the day like a good girl, meeting up with Joanne, Wanda, Michelle and many others for a knit group at Borders. Then...

...in anticipation of the new a-long, all of the grrlz, including Zenifer, and Cathi's visiting SP5, Stephanie, went a yarn crawling. I met up with them for lunch (we need our strength!), followed by a trip to Colorful Yarns, where I bought



and then on to String, where I purchased


I will start the new year by coming clean about previous stash enhancement that I neglected to post.

Here we've got the yarn I bought, on sale, at Colorful Yarns. That bit of foof you see is for the cuff of clogs for myself.

And... that's another "gee, I deserve a reward for passing my exams" purchase, also from Colorful Yarns. Knit one, Crochet too Paintbox wool, in color 05. Blue and green. go figure.

So...I think that there is no disputing the fact that I am out of control and that the stash-a-long is badly needed. 90 days isn't that long, right? And it includes February, the shortest month of the year!!

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hee hee. We'll probably all live through Stashalong. Unless, of course, it's extended! :O

1/1/06, 6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cynthia i wish you all the best with the next three months;)

1/1/06, 7:49 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Whee, we'll all be stashing along! I did not know of the other yarn you purchased from Colorful! You have truly been on a spending, stashing spree!

1/1/06, 8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I run out of yarn during the stashalong... I'll know where to go to find more!! *L*

1/1/06, 10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joanne's comment made me laugh. I don't think she'll run out, even as fast as she knits. Feeling withdrawls yet? ;D

1/2/06, 11:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

You can do it! Three months is really a drop in the bucket in the big picture and with the money you'll save just think of the yarn crawl you can have April 1st!! Just passing through on the weekly Stashalong check.

1/2/06, 1:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go, Cyn!

1/2/06, 5:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everytime I make a committment not to buy more yarn, someone gives me a gift certificate to a yarn store! I think it's a conspiracy. Although I'm not complaining I do love those gift certificates.

1/3/06, 9:09 AM  
Blogger jen said...

So ... does this mean that you didn't succomb to the green Soft Kid (was that it?)? Because I have a little something coming your way ... but it might need to wait until April, I guess. Good luck on the stashalong! :)

1/3/06, 10:22 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

Good luck for the next 3 months! Keep posting photos of your stash though, ok? I love seeing the yarns you collect - you have excellent taste.

1/4/06, 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home