"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, December 30, 2005

Ene, meenie, miney, mo!

Thanks to everyone who voted... but why use stash yarn when you can buy new, exciting, I've never used this type of yarn yarn? Yes, I was bit by the siren call of the new luxurious yarn.

So... how do you pronounce this scarf's name anyhow? Which scarf?
I've been obsessively, and exclusively, working on this project for the last week or so. Here's my progress pic of Ene's scarf. I'm at the beginning of chart 3, (there are 4 charts total), which has been the most difficult so far. That would be the black purl colorway, of Lorna's Laces Helen's lace. And yes, it's new. From String.

As I admitted on Michelle's blog comments, I've been having LOTS of SEX. I think I'm addicted.
here are some of my past indiscretions, of which i've been too shame filled to blog about. i've been a bad, bad girl.
This lovely skein of yarn, called Swan- from Wool in the Woods, is for Joanne's friendship afghan, a rambling rows mitered square one... I bought this skein yesterday afternoon, at a new yarn store in SE Aurora (Moon Fiber Arts), with Michelle as a witness.

for one of the projects I discussed in last week's post...
aren't the colors pretty? I need to finish either spork or my so called scarf so I can cast on for this one! The lighter purple will be the cabled area. I have a few skeins of the light purple in my stash, and the rest of the colors, I bought one skein each at Colorful Yarns.

This past Tuesday, Stacey and I went to the 3-2-1 sale at A Knitted Peace.
That would be my haul. 8 skeins of Rowan Felted Tweed (4 in a teal, 4 in a deep purple), 2 balls of Jaggerspun zephyr lace weight yarn, 2 skeins of Lamb's pride in navy. 3 books... one on aran patterns, one in lace, and Ann Budd's Sweater book.

At this point, I'm wondering what I'm leaving out. Because it seems what I've documented is already enough SEX to qualify me as an addict in need of help. What I've left out is the stuff I've left in the car. Some feltable wool (Icelandic wool and lamb's pride) for felted clogs for myself, and a few balls of paintbox.

Last... a progress pic of my-so-called-scarf.


I'll be joining Kim's stashalong, which means I can't have any SEX for three months, beginning Jan 1, 2006. My only exception would be purchases for birthdays and SP7.

9 Comments:

Blogger Cathi said...

Um, is that pink yarn I see up there? And how in the hell am I supposed to take my sp on a yarn crawl when it would seem that there is no yarn left in the entire damn city??!?!?!

12/30/05, 1:10 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

WOW, what a haul my friend! Love the colors of the cascade 220! i am making my "my so called scarf" out of the sme colorway... I am about 3rd of the way done.... glad you are enjoying the SEX ;)

12/30/05, 2:02 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, the shawl, the shawl. Yum. *drool*

I love the black purl colorway.

12/30/05, 4:22 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I love those colors you got of the Cascade. Is that for the Jazz fairisle scarf? You really did get a great haul! I should have gone to the 3-2-1 sale at AKP for the books alone! Duh!

12/30/05, 4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, Zephyr. My love, my darling. Someday, I'm going to do something wonderful enough that I can treat myself to you.
Cyn, you bought a beautiful color of it. And the yarn from "Colorful Yarns" (which project is that for, anyway)? Just gorgeous. And of course the black purl is to die for.
What a great haul. Enjoy knitting it up!

12/30/05, 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am jealouse to not have gone to the 3-2-1 I am sitting here this morning deciding if I can find a yarn store still having a sale.

Thanks for all your help the other night with my So Called Scarf.

Let me know if you want to get togetether and knit anytime soon.

12/31/05, 10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Great haul ... and the Wool in Woods looks so wonderful. You're really making progress on your shawl. Keep us posted. Some of the Lorna's Laces laceweight yarn is on my list for the future. Just think... if we knit the stash this year, we'll have to replenish it next year!!

1/1/06, 2:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! About time. I was starting to feel really bad about how much I've bought lately. Glad I wasn't the only one. :D

1/2/06, 11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A yarn crawl sounds really appetizing! Happy knitting.

1/3/06, 8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home