"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Fe - Fi- FO - fum

Seriously... I have another FO to report. I know those of you that either
know me personally or have read my blog for more than a month are in disbelief, but I kid you not. I have evidence. (
EDIT: oops. sorry that I forgot to add the evidence to the post. another apology for the crappy pic of my so called scarf, but cosmo was determined to get into the picture (that huge blurry thing is his ear)).


I also gave my about to burst pregnant friend her baby sweaters (2). Sorry I didn't have time to take pics before I gifted them. I've taken my winter weight clapotis off of the needles, since it needs to be refigured (I don't have enough yarn to make it exactly as the pattern suggests... needs to be at least one repeat less... wide... hmm... that applies to my width as well). Back to knitting, backyard leaves is finally finished and blocked (thanks to the ever so gracious Cathi). A pic of that later.

So... what does that mean?
I'm actively working on
1) Ene's scarf
I'm in the middle of the first repeat of chart 3. It's beautiful, and I love working on it b/c it makes me feel like a more accomplished knitter... one who might know what she's doing.



It might not look all that different from the other pic, but she's my first SERIOUS lace project. After tackling the chart from backyard leaves, I felt as if I could follow any chart!


2) Spork. It's boring boring boring. And none of my friends have been working on theirs, so, I think it'll take a lot of willpower to make myself finish. The biggest motivation is that I am SO close.

3) Mitten/scarf set for the scarf exchange. Let me reiterate that these are not due until Feb 15th.

ONLY three projects on the needles? what? What? WHAT?!?!?!

That's practically criminal, so I wound up and cast on for Fair Isle Jazz. A pic of about 8 rows of knitting (in three colors) would bore you all, so I'll spare you. Michelle, Stacey, her mom (Marsha? WHEN are you getting a blog? c'mon now, seriously), Wanda, and I are all knitting this scarf... and we convinced Cassidy, one of the owners of String, to join us in our madness. If I were less superstitious, I would make a KAL, but that would mean i would lose all interest in knitting the scarf.

So. Four projects. Day three of the new year. So far, so good.

14 Comments:

Blogger Jae said...

The colors of your Ene look gorgeous. I'm not a huge lace knitter. But after seeing your pic, I may have to cast one on myself.

1/4/06, 3:07 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The best part about baby sweaters is getting a picture of the babies in them later!

That Ene is just so gorgesous. I won't mind if you show it every time you knit a row on it! :)

1/4/06, 6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ene is gorgeous; it's a beautiful color.
Congratulations on finishing Backyard Leaves! I'm looking forward to seeing a picture of it. :-)

1/4/06, 8:11 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

You are really making great progress with Ene! I think she look great and you are a knitter that knows what she's doing and if not, do you play one on TV? ;-) Only 4 projects, that's great. I think I have 6 or 7!

1/4/06, 8:19 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Ene looks great--it's in the Black Pearl colorway, right? Looks like you have plenty to keep you busy for 3 months :)

1/4/06, 9:11 AM  
Blogger CjSachiko said...

That Black Purl colorway is so great in that scarf pattern. I wonder if the Lorna's Laces Watercolor would look as good as an Ene.

1/4/06, 9:42 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I have a lot of project pictures with stray cat body parts in them. I have one particularly nice one where the interior of said cat's ear fills the entire photo.

1/4/06, 11:23 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Yay on your four projects. I loove that Ene scarf ... wow. Can't wait to see it FO!

1/4/06, 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Three!! OMG. I want to be there one day. Well, not really, but that is so cool.
Idea for finishing Spork - I found that when I want to finish something but don't want to knit on it anymore I make myself do one repeat (in this case I'd do one row) every evening before I start what I really want to work on. It'll get done without brain damage.

1/4/06, 3:35 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog.
How funny is it that we both made the exact same scarf? I adore the colors in that Manos...so wonderful.

Your lacy scarf is stunning...I have never tried anything as complicated as that!

1/4/06, 3:43 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh it is beautiful! that is serious lace and i am proud of ya girl! love the MSCS! I a almost done with my pals scarf I started last night and I think it will be done and blocked by saturday ready to mail off!

1/4/06, 7:31 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

LOVE THE LACE!

I'm 50% done with my Scarf Exchange project I just have to figue out a hat...GO ME!

I onlt have 2 things on my needles...I just be ill LOL

1/5/06, 9:37 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Weekly Stashalong flyby--talk to you soon :) Love you Ene's by the way!

1/7/06, 4:36 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Oh my! that Ene is gorgeous! Mine pales in comparison:) That's really beautiful work, Cynth.

1/15/06, 4:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home