"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

ISO: new music

I love finding new music, new books, new yarn, whatever. The problem with music is that I get stuck in a rut, and hate spending the $$ on trying new artists...

the solution?

my ever so hip (ok, he just finds cool stuff on the internet) brother told me about this site today, called Pandora, which was created by the Music Genome Project. For those of you that like to listen to music you love, and find new music at the same time, you have to check it out. Subscribing is free, and you just type in the names of songs or artists you like... then voila! It finds artists that are similar and creates a radio station for you. Perfect for knitting!

12 Comments:

Blogger Sarita said...

that's cute my younger brother told me about pandora too! i love it...

1/10/06, 1:35 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I read about pandora on another knitting blog and really like the concept I'm kinda spoiled tho, because we have a great public radio station that plays a very eclectic mix - heavy on the "alternative," but includes everything from world music to Frank Sinatra. A lot of fun and I've gotten turned onto some great new bands.

Also - I highly recommend test driving music via your local library.

1/10/06, 7:01 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

very cool! gotta check that out :)

1/10/06, 7:31 AM  
Blogger jen said...

You're so cool .. thanks for the link!

1/10/06, 8:28 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Yep! Pandora rocks!

1/10/06, 8:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is cool, thanks for sharing it!

1/10/06, 9:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm just testing something out about leaving comments where I'm signed in as "other"...I don't want to blow it with my secret pal on the first comment that I leave her! You can delete this if you want to! I'll see you tonight at Barnes and Noble!

-Stacey

1/10/06, 11:25 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Re: your question about taking cat pictures. Well, I usually take normal pictures and then crop them and resize them so they look like closeups. :) I use FxPhoto because it's free and covers basic photo tweaking, cropping, and resizing.

For some of the shots of Chaos, I do end up taking down the gamma and brightness levels a little bit because his fur is so reflective! Again, I do that in FxPhoto. (no affiliation, yada yada)

Hope this helps!

1/11/06, 9:26 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Me again re: comment on my blog - oh yeah, I totally agree that Chaos and Zack should never meet!!! No possible good could come to the world. :)

1/14/06, 11:41 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Just popping through on weekly Stashalong patrol.

1/14/06, 3:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hiya Cyn - The yarn in my scarf is Schaefer Anne. It doesn't have specific color names or dyelots that I know of. This was from about 14 months ago, I think I have enough left for a pair of socks - gotta love those 560 yd skeins.

1/14/06, 10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ISO: new posting!!! Cynthia, talk to us!!

1/19/06, 6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home