"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Flattery will get you everywhere*

I'm tired. and grumpy. Or, I was tired and grumpy. I was at the office for over 11 hours today. Factor in the commute and it's a 13 hour day. Bleh. So, by the time 7pm rolled around (and I'm still at the office typing up case notes), I'm fairly grumpy. I had my cell phone on silent all day because it's just not proper therapeutic etiquette to hear "Hail to the Victors!" ring tone interrupt your counseling session.

So. I'm imprisoned by the computer, typing up case notes and out of the corner of my eye, I see the screen of my phone lighting up. Whazz that number? probably a freaking telemarketer calling me at 7ish to bug me about buying something. Grr. I answer anyway (so I can tell them to bugger off). Good thing I wasn't an immediate bee-yatch. It's Boston College calling. One of the four doctoral programs I had applied to this past winter... and they want to interview ME! Wanna know how flattered I am?
They had 461 paper applicants. 461. Invited 30 people to come interview. I was flabbergasted.

Guess where I'll be? travelocity. hotwire. orbitz. need a flight to Boston on Feb 20th.

Also exciting... i've finished the scarf for scarf exchange. pics to come when i've weaved in ends and blocked. agenda tonight: finish 2nd mitten (which is enjoying second 'sock' syndrome)

22 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Congrats!!! Looks like you'll be flying Olympian. :)

2/8/06, 9:46 PM  
Blogger lesley said...

wow thats fabulous! you'll do great on the interview!

2/8/06, 10:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you!!! Great job!! Your Secret Pal

2/8/06, 11:04 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

congratulations! good luck!

2/9/06, 5:11 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

how cool is that! wow boston.. ... do you know how many they are choosing out of the 30? you have to be a shoe in! have ya told the folks yet?

2/9/06, 5:24 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Congratulations chica! I'm so impressed, that's fabulous!

2/9/06, 6:32 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Wow! Sorry you're so busy, but how exciting! FYI: Jet Blue has the cheapest flights to Boston, and they're red-eyes. And I'm so jealous that you have a front row to Stacey's shrug ... it's so perfect. We need to all have a little chat about that whole Year of the Stash thing.

2/9/06, 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

frontier is having a one day sale today. don't know if they go to boston, but you should check them out. And congrats!!!
http://recp.rm05.net/ctt?kn=3&m=164504&r=MTMwMzg2OTIxNgS2&b=0&j=NTQ2MjY4NDQS1&mt=1

2/9/06, 7:55 AM  
Blogger Nik said...

i'm proud...as if you were my own child. :)

2/9/06, 8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, what a good way to finish up a day.

2/9/06, 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent! Very good! Congratulations!!!

2/9/06, 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats!

If you don't already have you ticket, I got the best last minute price straight from the airlines rather than the orbitz et. al. places. That said, my ticket was much more last minute than yours, but you might want to double check the airline web sites of the flights you are interested in.

Squeeeee! Best of luck on the interview!

2/9/06, 10:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, that is awesom, but you know you deserve it right? I think that while in Boston you should be able to buy yarn with no repercussions to the stashalong, just my opinion.

2/9/06, 10:44 AM  
Blogger celia said...

Congrats! You must be so pleased, and so you should be. :) all the best with that interview. How many positions are there?

2/9/06, 1:37 PM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Congrats!

2/9/06, 1:59 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Congratulations! Good luck with the interview - that's really exciting.

2/9/06, 3:55 PM  
Blogger Jae said...

Way to go! What a great way to end the day!

So if you buy yarn in a different state than the one you live in, does it count against you in the stash along? After all it's "foreign" yarn.

2/10/06, 4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Go Girl!!!
I am rooting for you all the way.
Look at all the hard work you have done and now the BIG PAY-OFF!

2/10/06, 9:34 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

great job on teh interview cant wait to see the scarf you finished...

2/11/06, 10:55 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

congrats on your interview!! Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

2/12/06, 10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, this answers my question. Yes, we'll be home!

And, I didn't realize this was why you were coming.

You. Rock.

2/13/06, 3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How exciting! Good luck on the interview!

2/13/06, 5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home