"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, January 30, 2006

are you up to the challenge? am *I*?

So, I've jumped on the bandwagon and joined the:




and more specifically,




If you have also decided to challenge yourself with your knitting, have joined the Knitting Olympics, and live in Colorado, go see Joanne to sign up for Team Colorado!

I'm pretty sure I'm knitting a Lady Elenor stole, using dyer's choice (interlacements). I've still got to finish the scarf for the Scarf Exchange, and pre-treat my Interlacements. How many days before the opening ceremonies?

10 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

It feels like there aren't enough days before the opening ceremony, doesn't it?! I still have to do additional swatching and then a lot of winding...

1/30/06, 12:14 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

you know knittig is a challenge for me anyway, with a full time job and two kids! i should say the same for you, grad school student!;)

1/30/06, 1:34 PM  
Blogger jen said...

#1: Happy blogiversary! Has it really been a year? :)
#2: I feel so tempted to jump on the bandwagon and join the olympics as well ... but I just don't know if I can start One More Project, so I might do the UFOlympics instead. (Time will tell.)
#3: Are you supposed to do something special to pre-treat the interlacements dyer's choice?? Because I didn't, and I have yet to wash my Hourglass. (Bad knitter, I didn't wash my swatch either.) Please share what you're going to do.

1/30/06, 3:05 PM  
Blogger Jae said...

I love the pattern you've chosen. It would definitely be a challange for me. Good luck!!

1/30/06, 5:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were to do the K.O., Lady Eleanor is what I'd pick.

And I second Jenifer -- what are you supposed to do to that yarn as pretreatment??!!

1/30/06, 6:53 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Oh, wow, I'm late. Happy blogiversary to you! Yay, a whole year.

There's not enough with the whole Olympics things, that's for sure!

2/1/06, 7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you make me feel better about not getting my scarf done yet. maybe this weekend. when do the olympics start?

2/2/06, 10:09 AM  
Blogger lesley said...

silly question,...what does pretreat mean? just wondering.

2/2/06, 4:39 PM  
Blogger jen said...

PS -- I've of course been outbid. The question is ... how high will I bid for heavenly yarn?? :)

2/5/06, 10:52 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

I can't wait to see everyone's Olympic progress--I am not participating in the Olympic Knitting thing, I joined Margene's no pressure Olympic KAL. Hopefully, I'll see you at some knitting event in the near future--I feel like I haven't seen you in ages. Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

2/5/06, 1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home