"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Easier and Looser Hooker... That's Me.

The day after I got back from the east coast, a friend from North Carolina flew in to spend a week with me. She used to live here in CO, but moved back after graduating. We ate, shopped, and relaxed our asses off.... so how come I'm so tired?

I forgot to show off my new bag that I bought in NYC.


I love my new bag! Anna and I schlepped ALL over Manhattan, in SoHo and the Upper East side boutiques searching for THE perfect bag... and once I saw this one, I knew I had found my soulbag. It's got black! brown and! blue! and cream! it matches EVERYTHING. Most importantly, it fits my knitting, a book, my phone, wallet, PDA, checkbook, and whatever else I might need.

While we went on a book crawl, I found some used books...



And seeing as I have many friends that are pregnant, I needed to get going on making some baby blankets... hence the title. I haven't crocheted much in the last couple years, but I used to be tight (like with my knitting). It appears that time has made me an easier and looser hooker, in which I need to use a smaller hook to get gauge.



I'm also working on my sock, I've turned the heel and am working down the foot.


My kitty Cosmo is a boycatslut. He's harder to win over than Danger (who's a mama's boy...big time!), but once he's comfortable with you...



he's all over you like cheap perfume.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an adorable kitty picture. Awwww! You're going to have to tell me the color number of your sock yarn. I love the way it's turning out. And THE bag..... I LOVE IT. If you ever get tired of it, toss it my way!!! It's perfect.

3/23/06, 5:59 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fun bag! Now you need to knit a matching scarf. :)

And what is it with this plague of babies sweeping the land?!

Hi Cosmo! Um, how can that possibly be comfortable?!

3/23/06, 6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE the sock. That is great.
And the kitty picture is adorable. :-) But I have to second Chris -- how is that comfortable??

3/23/06, 6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to crochet too, however ever since I discovered knitting it's been on the back burner. It sure goes faster though then knitting, especially a blanket.

3/23/06, 10:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bag is so great! No yarn?

quick quesiton on the Noro shrug, do you know or can you guess how long it is from the picked up stiches to the outside of the collar, mine looked so much smaller than yours and I need a bigger collar thing. I have un-bound-off and am now not sure how far to knit. Thanks.

Hope to see you soon.

3/24/06, 4:07 PM  
Blogger Jae said...

That looks really uncomfortable for Cosmo, but them cats do like strange poses for sleeping. :)

What is the color for your sock? I love the way it is knitting up.

3/24/06, 4:27 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hey there! i love the bag, it matches EVERYTHING! the colors on your sock are way cool, and you are going to be a very busy hooker! :) betcha can't wait to kiss all those babies!

3/24/06, 8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I love the books you got. We really have to go used book shopping! Textured Knits is one I've wanted to get also. I love the bag too, it's just fabulous!

3/25/06, 8:56 AM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

that is definitely a great bag!!
the babies!! what is going on!!??

ooooo what yarn are you using for that sock? gorgeous

3/25/06, 5:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your big package is on the way!!! Well on Monday it is!!! I can't wait for you to get it. I think I am more excited than you will be. :) Your Secret Pal (for a few more days, although you do already know my name ;))

PS I must say you have been a lot of fun to spoil. You were great to email with, which made it all the easier and more fun to spoil you with this last package. :) Thanks.

3/26/06, 11:41 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Your socks look great and so do those squares(I was a really bad crocheter--is that even a word?). Just passing through on the final Stashalong patrol--I hope you make it to the end ;)

3/27/06, 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home