"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, March 10, 2006

All my bags are packed

But I had to write before I hopped on the jet plane headed to NYC. I'm a bit nervous about the interview on Tuesday (because while I know the schedule of the interviews, I have no idea what they'll be asking me about... which makes me feel unprepared). But I shall live.

I finished the Noro Shrug! Well. Except for the finishing. You'd think being OH SO close would provide enough motivation in and of itself, but it doesn't!



She needs about 5 more inches of seaming done on her sleeves, weave in 4 ends, and a good blocking. Since the warm weather of CO moved to the east coast for the weekend, I won't be needing it there.

Wanna see an FO in action?

My friend and I met up for lunch on Monday, and her baby was wearing the sweater I knit! Now, I did have to educate my friend on how warm alpaca can be... (notice that SHE is wearing a lacy type tank tee... and the baby is swaddled in alpaca.)

And finally, I have another case of startitis. I decided that I can no longer deprive myself of ALL my impulses (I almost bought yarn online yesterday. Celia talked me down from the ledge. Thanks Celia!) She asked... "don't you have anything in your stash you can use to substitute?" which was SO not the point. But I DID have stash that had been undesignated from it's intended project/use (it was supposed to be a car coat worked in 4x4 rib. I discovered a hatred of 4x4 rib while attempting to knit Tempting).

So... successful in my resistance of purchasing new yarn and falling off stashalong. Unsuccessful in keeping to only 4 projects.

WIPs list:
Ene
Lady Elenor
Conwy sock
Noro shrug (but it's off the needles... does it still count as a WIP?)
Rogue (in hibernation)
Spork
Fair Isle Jazz

I'm super excited to spend time with my friends in NYC. Though I suppose we get to see each other often (considering that we live so far apart), it never feels like enough. These two (and a few others) are part of the reason I was so gung ho to move to NYC for a PhD program. With that, perhaps I should actually go pack the bags.

17 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

The shrug looks beautiful! And omgosh is that baby CUTE!

HAve a great trip.

3/10/06, 8:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh what a happy baby in her alpaca goodness! I can never seem to stick to goals on how many Wips' either.

3/10/06, 8:44 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Too cute - that baby isn't going to get chilled. :) And I love the shrug - very cool.

Hang in there, only 3 more weeks of Stashalong. Be stronger than I was. ;)

Have a great trip! Good luck on your interviews!

3/10/06, 8:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shrug is great! (And you definitely won't need it on the East Coast.) Congratulations on sticking to the stash-along.
And good luck good luck good luck with your interviews! They wouldn't have asked for you if they didn't think you were worth it!!

3/10/06, 9:27 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

good luck in nyc!

3/10/06, 10:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you're reminding me I still need to finish that sweater for VIB. Ugh! Have a great trip! Look forward to hearing all about it!

3/10/06, 11:33 PM  
Blogger RainbowSpinner said...

Good Luck

3/11/06, 12:01 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

very cute shrug...but I bet it was $$$ ...still cute

3/11/06, 7:08 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

First of all, what a cutie pie! That was so sweet to see the little one wearing your handknit. Awfully cute!
Good luck with the trip to NYC and the interview. I know you will do great.
Oh so close to finishing that shrug. You gotta go ahead and be done with it so you can wear it. It looks great. so when you come back, can I borrow it? ;-) Totally kidding, but it does look great. Have a great weekend!

3/11/06, 8:18 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

look how cute! good luck in new york... the noro shrug will be happy to greet you when you get home ;)

3/11/06, 12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The shrug looks great Cynthia. I like the colors. Don't tell me you didn't block before you started the finishing. Man that makes it so much easier to do seams and other finishing, and it is hard to block after the finishing. Wait a minute, your blog is called "I hate waiting", never mind.

3/11/06, 6:34 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

your shrug is simply gorgeous!! i hope you are having a wonderful time in NYC (i'm just green!!!)
oh - cute cute baby and FO :D

3/11/06, 9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you haven't finished that shrug! It is beautiful. You need to finish it so you can wear it and show it off. :) And keep with the stash a long. Don't forget you will have great yarn coming soon. ;)Your Secret Pal
PS The baby is very cute and the little sweater is great as well.

3/12/06, 12:05 AM  
Blogger CelticCastOn said...

ohhhh the Robin Hood Jacket, is next on my list. I'm knitting the little star sweater right now. Can I ask what yarn you are using as a substitute?

3/12/06, 5:58 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Wow, that is *sooooo* cute. I *realllly* need that pattern. :) And the baby sweater ... so cute. Good luck on the interviews!!

3/13/06, 8:03 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

The shrug turned out great! Best of luck with your interview. If you fall off the wagon--make sure it's for some really good stuff. Just passing through on Stashalong patrol--have a great week!

3/13/06, 10:14 AM  
Blogger celia said...

hope you're having fun in new york. shrug looks good. makes me want to make one, although i know shrugs aren't exactly the best look on me. the alpaca goodness looks really nice on the baby :)

3/13/06, 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home