"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Phat Cat



That's my friends' kitty...and the one sharing my bed for the last few nights. I spent every minute of my time in NYC either eating, sleeping, shopping, and having fun! My friend picked me up from the JFK airport around 6pm, and we took the short distance-wise, yet manages to be a long time-wise drive to their new apartment in Murray Hill/Gramercy area of Manhattan.

I bought stuff. And I'm not sure if I'm getting kicked out of the Stash-A-Long. Let me plead my case:



Four skeins of Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk. Technically, increasing the stash. BUT not really... b/c I'm making my friend Anna a scarf using the yarn... I felt bad b/c we spent all this time in the store, and she was waiting so patiently. Anna insisted that we hit a few yarn stores. We stopped here for an espresso, some cake, and yarn fondling. After she so patiently waited while I looked at all sorts of yarn, how could I not buy something? At least I didn't buy anything for myself (like the lovely Claudia Hand Paint that was DANGLING before my eyes?I figured if I bought stuff to make a gift with, it wouldn't count...

I'll wait for the final verdict from Kim.

The trip was a huge success. I had great fun with my friends, we went to the Bodies Exhibit, ingested my body weight's worth in yummilicious foods (including my first Tasty D-Lite ice cream!), and walked about 10 miles a day. No wonder all those NYC people are so freaking thin.

The interview at Seton Hall was a grueling, intense process. We had a group interview (7 other applicants and me, in a room with 2 professors asking us questions. That part wasn't so bad... the worst was knowing that there was a huge group of current students and a couple other professors behind the one-way mirror watching and evaluating us), and four individual interviews. Two were conducted by professors, and two were conducted by groups of current students. It was a long long day (where they told us at the very beginning that we were being evaluated EVERY SINGLE second of the day (even in the potty!)) but I survived.

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Really? One-way glass?
I'd never have gotten into grad school if I had to go through that...
And hopefully you're still in the De-stash Along; lots of people buy gifts during destashing!

3/16/06, 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummm, as the first person that waskicked out of the stash-along...I say...YOU"RE OUT!!! ha...just kidding! It sounds like you had a great time, can't wait to catch up on Friday.

3/16/06, 9:52 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, I wonder how they evaluate your bathroom time?! :) At least it's over and you got to be in NYC and have fun!

3/16/06, 10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well let's hope you passed the potty test. I mean really you probably had that task down pat, by the time you were oh 2, 3 at the oldest.

What a cute kitty.

3/16/06, 10:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you survived. I hope the package you will get from me soon will make up for it. :) Just waiting on the financial aid department at the college. They should send it to me today.
Your SP

3/16/06, 10:59 AM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

What are they going to evaulate in the bathroom? If you squat or sit?!!

;)

3/16/06, 11:42 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

pretty kitty....

3/16/06, 11:55 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i am glad you had a fun and safe trip! claudia handpainted yarn? got myself some of that off kpixie last wek! yummmmmmm! you should gotten some girl!

3/16/06, 12:39 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

That sounds like a pretty grueling interview process. I'm glad you made it through it all. You sound like you had a great time in New York. You may or may not be off the stash wagon, but so am I. I finally caved and bought yarn! Yours was at least for a friend, so that shouldn't count.

3/16/06, 1:00 PM  
Blogger celia said...

Wow! That sounds really intense. I am glad u survived. ALl the best... lets all pray while you wait for the results :)

3/16/06, 2:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think that yarn meant to be turned into a gift for someone else should count. And you were strong and didn't buy any for yourself. That should count for something!

Evaluated, even in the potty. Good heavens... was "big brother" watching?

See you tomorrow night.

3/16/06, 9:08 PM  
Blogger Rebecca said...

sounds like you had a great time! surely they won't give you the boot, i mean, you're using it up straight away, right? and it IS a gift....
ugh- how uncomfortable to be monitored in that way... crossing my fingers for ya!

3/17/06, 8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ugh. You are so tough. I would have fainted with all those people watching and evaluating me. I think it would have been more intimidating with the one way glass because my imagination would have put tons of people back there. And the bathroom too?? What are they evaluating there? Wait... I don't want to know...
Welcome back. I'm sure you did great.
I'm with Stacey. You should be kicked out of the along. Of course, we are both saying this because we are tired of feeling too guilty to show off our stash to you. :D

3/17/06, 8:55 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

That kitty is very cute. Looks like he's saying "Heeeyyy Babeee!"

3/19/06, 2:09 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Sounds like you had a great time in NYC. I thought I saw you walking around with a huge bag of yarn. hehehe..just kidding.

3/22/06, 12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any news yet? so glad I didn't have to be interviewed for grad school - that would have sucked. you are amazing!

3/23/06, 8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home