"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

how the mighty have fallen...

and fallen hard. I am one of the few and the proud that actually made it to the end of the three month 12 step program for yarnaholics. Just like and addict, I knew exactly how long I had left before I could feed my addiction.

To help take my mind off the last few hours of the stashalong, Stacey, her mom Marsha, Jeni, Michelle, myself, and a few other gals headed up to a bed and breakfast in Buena Vista called Liar's Lodge for a weekend get away.

We went well prepared for anything.


Do you think the four of us (Jeni, Stacey, Michelle and I) packed enough stuff? We brought drinks (see the hardcore?), sweets, snacks, yarn, chairs, cushions, pillows, blankets, the kit AND the caboodle!!!


Look at the view we had from the front window...
and the doggy who was only TOO eager to serve


Friday, we drove down and got settled in, had a wonderful dinner. Saturday morning, we got up bright and early, knit a bit, had a HUGE breakfast, and had a small class on intarsia/stranded knitting from Marilyn of Black Water Abbey. We had a small break so that I (um, i meant to say WE) could get into town to visit Serendipity Yarns, the LYS that was conveniently having their anniversary sale!

I bought myself a *few* things.

On the left, we see a few skeins of frog tree alpaca, and a skein of Alpaca With A Twist. The frog tree is for me, the baby twist is to make some baby bootees. On the right, a new needle/DPN case from Offhand Designs.

We knit the rest of the day away, stopping only to gorge ourselves on the luscious foods being served. On Sunday, we headed back to Denver, but stopped by Colorful Yarns for their April Fool's Day sale... and I couldn't resist.


There's a skein of Opal sock yarn missing from the pic, but you get the idea. It confirmed my suspicions that I am indeed, an addict. I can not just buy ONE skein of anything. It's a slippery slope once I start buying yarn.

Today, I also got some packages in the mail!



My scarf exchange scarf and mittens finally arrived... and my pal, Mia, sent some pretty lace weight? yarn, and some pretty Galway yarn along with the scarf and the mittens. Thanks Mia!

There are a few things (skeins) that I have neglected to mention... I started to feel a bit indulgent after showing you all the yarn I bought. But there's more to show tomorrow.

16 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Beware the StashLash... :) Congrats on finishing, tho!

Looks and sounds like it was a great weekend.

4/4/06, 5:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had fun at Liar's Lodge. It's a beautiful place. Great additions to the stash!! :-)

4/4/06, 8:06 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

ohhhh! sounds like fun! love the ayrns, epecially the colors in that opal!

4/4/06, 8:06 AM  
Blogger Terby said...

That looks like a fantastic trip. You guys know how to travel! Congrats on surviving three months of not feeding the stash.

4/4/06, 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hee hee: stash-lash.

I love the Cherry Hill. Those are beee-yo-tee-ful colors.

Congratulations on making it, though!!!

4/4/06, 8:51 AM  
Blogger Mia said...

Did you remove all of the lumpy things from your mittens? I hope you like the scarf and mittens!

4/4/06, 9:14 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Now that's ending Stashalong in style :) Try not to go too crazy--remember you have all the East Coast yarn to save up for!

4/4/06, 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cheers!
http://static.flickr.com/40/122312718_ffa7766648_m.jpghttp://static.flickr.com/40/122312718_ffa7766648_m.jpg

4/4/06, 10:16 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Oh, yeah, it's a good thing the Stashalong is over. You went out in style!

4/4/06, 10:17 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Looks like so much fun- wish I could have gone. It's good that you got some more yarn, it's been a looong three months, I'm sure.

4/4/06, 12:27 PM  
Blogger Crazy Colorado Knitter said...

Looks like you got some of that sock yarn with jojoba & aloe -- I picked up some of that at my LYS. I figured, it's just the thing for DRY Colorado winters!

4/4/06, 5:47 PM  
Blogger celia said...

oi! that's a lot of yarn! Now you really have to share.. so you don't look selfish ;)

4/4/06, 9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

What knitter ISN'T a yarnaholic?

Looks like you got some GREAT purchase.

4/6/06, 12:02 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

What a great fall! I am jealous about the knitting getaway (I type as I wipe drool from the face). I am liking the Offhand Design bags more and more.

4/8/06, 4:16 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Sounds like you had so much fun! That LYS up there has Frog Tree ?? .... I wonder how I could "conveniently" end up there one day ...

4/8/06, 7:05 PM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

i wanna go next time...im bendie i can soo fit in a suitcase!

4/12/06, 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home