"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Serendipitous socks

Since becoming uber busy this semester, I've gained a new appreciation for socks and sock yarn.* I only have to buy one skein (except for koigu) to make something, it's pretty, and I already have patterns.


I cast on for these socks two nights ago, and was SO pleased with how my toe turned out. When I saw this colorway at Colorful Yarns, I knew I had to have it.
Here's my progress so far:



Here are some pics of my recent acquisitions.



Lambshoppe had this beautemous colorway which I needed. NEEDED I tell you! Mary Carol was kind enough to put some in yarn jail for me.



Here's yet another skein of cherry tree hill. A bit brighter than what I usually like, but I love the brown, turquoise, lime green combinations.



And a pic of the Opal colorway that I'm now in love with... very spring-like,
don't you think?

So... I think I've made it abundantly clear these last few weeks why I needed to join the Stash A Long. I should've renewed my membership, but one only has so much willpower.

*Ok, ok, ok!! I had a problem with sock yarn well before the beginning of this semester. It has intensified due to the introduction to Trekking XXL, and now the Opal. All those yummy colorways of Cherry Tree (which are one of a kind, so if I like it, I better buy it now, right?)

12 Comments:

Blogger Carrie K said...

Congrats on finishing up your Master's tomorrow!

And stash. I refuse to feel bad about my stash and my inability to stop. buying. more. Well, I hope to stop feeling bad about it because I can't seem to stop buying it.

Pretty yarn. That Cherry Tree Hill is gorgeous.

5/11/06, 5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omigosh, the socks are fantastic! and so's the noro, & the cherry tree hill, &...
Okay, I'll just watch your pictures for a while.

5/11/06, 8:47 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

oh i love all the goodies! your sock is great! one day i want to try tow up socks!

5/12/06, 5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and may i introduce you to socks that rock? maybe some fleece artist? congrats on the masters, that is wonderful. the socks that you are currently knitting are beautiful.

5/12/06, 8:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sock yarn I think is the compelte evil of knitting yarn. I mean it's so beautiful, soft, typically washable, and it doesn't cost a fortune to make a pair of socks. It's just so stinkin easy to buy because of that!

5/12/06, 8:18 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fun stash expansion! And I LOVE that Opal, darn you...

Did you see that Margene & Norma are starting a Trekking knitalong? I just joined up.

5/12/06, 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks are really cute!! Mary Carol won't have that Noro long.

Was graduation tonight or are you heading to TC?

5/12/06, 12:59 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

The new sock is so pretty! OMG, I *lurve* that new Noro as well as the Cherry Tree Hill. Yikes! I might have to check that out. Was that at the Lambchop? ;-) Will you be at Tattered tonight?

5/12/06, 2:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That new sock yarn looks really neat. I managed to pick up an almost identical skein of Cherry Tree Hill the other day at Colorful. Might have even been the same day you did...
Your FOs look awesome! I can't wait to see Ene in person. I'm sure it's gorgeous.

5/13/06, 10:48 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Wow, you've picked some lovely colourways! And you are so right about the CTH.

5/14/06, 5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those socks look great! Love the colorway!

5/14/06, 9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That CTH is beautiful!

I am doing some dyeing and want to make a brown, turquoise, and coral stripe...but thinking it might be just TOO much.

Congrats on the Masters!

5/15/06, 8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home