"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Oh! The Places You Will Go

Since the last post, I've been busy with research meetings. Two a days, if you will. 9a-1p, then 1p-5p. I think I'm lucky I only had one three a day (9a-noon, 1-430p, 430p-7p). But I've managed to have some fun too!

On Thursday evening, I met up with a fellow Ravelrer and went to go see the Yarn Harlot. Maybe 'listen' would be a better verb for what I did (I was knitting, ok? sheesh). Stephanie was even funnier than on her blog, and made us look at the muggles in an entirely new way. Whilst there, I met Jess and Casey of Ravelry fame, and a bunch of other Ravelrers. Best of all, I got to see the newest addition to Obsession du Jour's household. SO TINY!!
We decided to hoof it over to a restaurant across the way for drink and food. By the time we got settled and ordered drinks, we got the notice that Julia would be bringing Stephanie in a few minutes. We had to relocate to another restaurant b/c the kitchen was closing at Joe's (it was already 10p). I think I got home right before 1am that night.

Saturday, I treated myself to the IMAX/3D showing of Harry Potter. SO WORTH IT. My date with myself cost me almost $20 b/c the ticket was $11.50 and a small popcorn ($4) and medium soda ($4.50) were a rip. Note to self: no popcorn at IMAX theatre. It's stale. But the movie in 3D was AWESOME!! I'd love to go again just to get better seats (stupid me, going on a saturday!! it was completely sold out and i was at the end of the line.)

Today, I met up with another group of ravelrers for brunch at a local bakery. Good times! Someone ordered a completely scrumptious omelet of spinach, bacon, and brie. She was kind enough to let me have a bite, which just confirmed the fact that she had ordered better than me.

All this fun makes up for the fact that I was up working until 130am last night. And will probably be doing that today too. Don't feel bad, it's my fault for not starting to work until 10p.

ps. Hourglass pics next up. I'm about 7" into the body. Quick quick knit so far! Also making progress on sandal sock #2 and babette.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Sounds like fun and sheesh busy... DH and I soo have to see Harry in Imax.

8/5/07, 4:35 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Wow, sounds like sucha great time with the Harlot and making new Boston friends. I'm so glad for you. It looks Ravelry got you meeting new people! Whee! Did you know there's some fiber event happening in MA on the 18th, I think? Check Julia's blog to be certain.

Can't wait to see your progress pics: Hourglass, babette and the second sandal sock, yay!

8/5/07, 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! And that omelet sounds delicious. I'm starving.

Quick quick knit sounds glorious. Can't wait for the pix!

8/5/07, 6:34 PM  
Blogger omly said...

It was great meeting you this afternoon. I was quite amused to look up your blog on Ravelry, only to discover it was already on my bloglines. (I was the one with the sandal sock in progress/crochet.)

8/5/07, 7:25 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

You have been so busy!! Are you sleeping at all?! ;) Sounds like a lot of fun, other than the meetings. And the work.

8/5/07, 8:12 PM  
Blogger Psyched2Knit said...

Sounds like great times - ahhh life before kids! I am jealous! I should be there on Tuesday.I love the stuff below - esp. the lace.

8/5/07, 9:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Must get omelet next time! Lovely to meet you. It sounds like you've had a fabulous week gadding about with knitters interspersed with working hard. I usually find that my creativity peaks in all areas when I'm throwing myself into research. You?

8/6/07, 2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home