"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, August 24, 2007

If you're going to SF...

Ok, I'm not one for wearing flowers in my hair, but I was sorely tempted. I loved being in San Francisco, but the travel to and fro was HORRID. For anyone who is thinking of going on a trip, please beware of Spirit Airlines. Yes, it's cheap. OK. But how cheap? The seats BARELY recline, I had difficulty with crossing my legs due to lack of leg space (I'm 5'3), and they will only serve you water. You want a soda? Sure. That's $1. Want a bag of combos? The small ones that hold about 10 combos? That'll be $4. We had a lay over in Detroit, but were asked to stay on the same plane to help speed up the process. My group of travelers (3 others) were hungry, so I jumped off the plane to get us snacks. Good thing, b/c when I got back, we found out we were supposed to PAY for snacks. Plus, my lower back is still in a bit o pain from being so uncomfortable for such long periods of time.

Ok. enough beeyatching. I have some pics of things, and I'll share those later. I did manage to spend a little bit of time with Cristina. She picked me up so we could enjoy some yummy dim sum and catch up. Unfortunately, due to SCHOOL STUFF, I couldn't hang out overly much, and missed out on seeing all the LYS in SF that she wanted to show me. Stupid school. Always getting in the way of me having a life.

Since I'm too tired to deal with photos, I'll do the meme. Stolen from Carrie (who not only shares my first initial, but also the lack of patience).

SCATTERGORIES ... and it's harder than it looks! Here are the rules:
* Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the questions.
* They MUST be real places, names, things ... NOTHING made up!
* If you can't think of anything, skip it.
* You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.
* If your name happens to start with the same letter as mine, sorry, but you can't use my answers!

My name: Cynthia

1. Famous Singer/Band: The Cure
2. Four letter word: C**t. what can I say? I'm crass. I do hate the word though.
3. Street: Canterbury St.
4. Color: Cerulean
5. Gifts/Presents: Cash, cards
6. Vehicle: Cabriolet
7. Things in a Souvenir Shop: cards (of the post card variety)
8. Boy Name: Chase
9. Girl Name: Carole
10. Movie Title: Catch Me If You Can
11. Drink: Crush
12. Occupation: Counselor
13. Celebrity: Clay Aiken (oh God. Shoot me)
14. Magazine: Cooking Light
15. U.S. City: Chicago
16. Pro Sports Teams: Canucks (Vancouver)
17. Fruit: Cherries
18. Reason for Being Late for Work: Child is sick
19. Something You Throw Away: cans (soda)
20. Things You Shout: Can it!
21. Cartoon Character: Captain Hook?

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

I am getting back from vacation, but I am stealing this one inspired from my favorite game.

8/24/07, 7:05 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ugh, Spirit Airlines has gone on my DO NOT FLY list.

8/25/07, 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! I was hideously stumped on the Street name for longer than I will admit.

At least the weather was nice while you were here! And Spirit Airlines is going on my Do Not Fly list too. I got stuck on a United plane for 10 hours cursing myself for not upgrading.

8/25/07, 12:22 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

I'm so sorry for your uncomfortable palne ride...about how much cheaper is that flight? is it really worth it in the long run? might be:)

8/26/07, 12:48 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

I like the meme!

Yuck, I hate long and uncomfortable plane rides. I hope you find some time to relax and feel better.

8/26/07, 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahh yes, cheap airlines, they are a bit of an adventure. My mother-in-law uses one, and at the end of the flight they tell you how to prepare your chair for the next person.

8/27/07, 7:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home