"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

technophobic... ??

It's not that I am scared of technology, more that technology hates me. My router/modem kicked MY computer off the network this past weekend, and since my landlady was on vacay, i couldn't reset it until she got back. Very frustrating.

But, I bought this to help keep my space better organized. I was so excited about it, that I was inspired to clean my desk. The home office/desk area is never a very clean place, b/c as mail comes in, school papers, etc etc, they just get piled in the "to be filed at some point" piles.

See?



after many hours (including some hours that were spent re-reading books), I had this:



I would like to have my apt clean and tidy before school starts so I can feel as if I'm starting on the right foot. I ended up with a big bag of trash, and a big box of wastepaper to recycle.

Here are some pics of my trip out to San Fran.

Alcatraz from San Francisco. We took a boat tour too, but stupid me didn't charge my camera. It's a very daunting sight, and thinking about the history of the island makes me feel quite solemn.




The requisite picture of Lombard St. It's a CRAZY street, very whimsical. I walked down the side, and that was bad enough. I shudder to think of how many brake pads are ruined by driving down this steep and windy road.



On Monday, the group went on a winery tour. We stopped at a couple places for touristy things too, one of which was Muir Woods. A beautiful park, where you feel very very small.



Another pic of Muir woods, but with people for size reference.



Onto knitting content.
Here's a pic of the progress on the baby surplice jacket by EZ. I'm almost to the point where maybe I can puzzle out how this pattern works. This project is the one that caused my injury b/c it's knit so tightly.


I really think this yarn was meant to be baby stuffs. What was I thinking?



Here, I need your advice.

What do you think? I had 4 skeins of this shade of cotton ease in my stash. Of course, I didn't look at dyelots BEFORE I dived in. And OF COURSE, the ONE skein I randomly pick, is the ONE skein that's not matching in dyelot. GAH!! Is it horrible? Should I rip it out and scour the internets for a matching skein?




"must. touch. the. mommy."

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures, I loved the redwood trees. One of these days I'm going to make it to San Francisco, I msut see the parrots on telegraph hill.

8/29/07, 1:54 PM  
Blogger Stacey said...

I think you'll be fine with the little white section...it looks cute. Is there really a noticeable difference? I think I used 2 different dyelots in the Crumpets dress that I made. I'm sure that the baby won't notice:)

8/29/07, 2:23 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Damn, you did a great clean up job! My place usually looks like your "Before" picture. I love my piles, what can I say.

8/29/07, 2:45 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Did you go to Artfibers? I have heard so much about them. I love San Francisco.

8/29/07, 4:59 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Um, I can't really tell a difference in the color... That charging station is really cool! Isn't it weird what will trigger an organizational event?? I wish I had more of them. LOVE the Lombard Street and "touch the mommy" pictures!

8/29/07, 7:01 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

It took me a while to see where the non-matching color was. (It's after the white, stripe, right?) I think the cuteness factor will overcome any minor color differences here.

Vacations are good. I never made it to Muir Woods, despite living only a few hours away. Pretty area.

8/30/07, 5:50 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Some beautiful pictures you posted. I hope you had a good time there.

I agree the yarn you are using is great for a baby too.

Erm, I can see the difference between the two dyelots. It's up to you if you want to continue to use it.

8/30/07, 9:58 AM  
Blogger Psyched2Knit said...

Love the pictures from your trip! I was in Denver. I LOVED it. The people are SO nice (John and I didn't know how to respond!) I'm impressed by the clean up - when can you come over here!! I've also had dye lot issues - they suck!! Hope to see you soon.

8/30/07, 11:24 AM  
Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Great job on the clean-up! Love the pictures of San Francisco and the kitty :)

8/31/07, 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Must. Touch. The. Mommy pic! So cute.

Nice SF pictures too! Heh. Try driving Lombard in an RV, or better yet, a Chevette w/bad brakes. But one must amuse the visitors......

(I owe Rebekah wild parrot pix! I keep forgetting. Not this weekend though. The Bay Bridge is closed)

I can't see any color difference. It's very cute.

8/31/07, 7:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am jealous. That little Pottery Barn thingie is too cute!!

Is that an Ikea desk?

9/12/07, 10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home