"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Friday, August 31, 2007

I heart ravelry

So, in the pic of crumpets, there are two different dye lots at work there. One above the white stripe, and one below. A friend of mine suggested breaking up the dyelots by adding in a stripe, and while it DOES help, I can tell there's a difference.

OH NO! What to do?!?!?!? I had spent hours of my Saturday obsessively working on the top part of crumpets (I'm making the 1 yo size). In a bout (sp?) of desperation, I posted to the Yarn:ISO forum on Ravelry. Trumpets and drums please!!!

Less than 24 hours later, a wonderfully nice woman, Jen, with a very apropos blog title, came to my rescue! Not only is she willing to part with a few skeins of her sugarplum in the dyelot that I need, SHE WAS DOING THIS WHILE HER DAUGHTER WAS UNDERGOING SURGERY. Ok, maybe not at the very moment, but close enough. How's that for knitterly kindness? I'm happy to report that the surgery went well, but please send positive vibes her way for me, huh?

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

That's awesome that Jen came to your rescue. I'm such a dunce, I didn't even realize that it was Sugarplum. I could have checked my stash. I'm glad that she has mor eyarn in the right dyelot!

9/2/07, 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vibes sent! That was really sweet and sweet! you've got yarn in the right dyelot now too.

9/2/07, 12:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow. Vibes going her way!

9/3/07, 6:20 PM  
Blogger JenniferB said...

You are so sweet to post this. I'm really glad I could help out. I didn't need 5 skeins of it anyway!

9/7/07, 11:27 AM  
Blogger Danielle said...

I had a Ravelry-enabled swap with Jen too -- she's fab!

9/23/07, 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home