"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Once a Month...

Hmm. I don't mean to be like pesky Aunt Flo, who only visits once a month... and no one wants her to visit more often. She's often accompanied by crankiness, back pain, cramps, and acne. Who wants that?

Anyway. On with the show.


I got that nice blanket at Target a few months ago. Very cozy to cuddle under, and obviously the kitties have given it the paw of approval. That's Cosmo hiding under there. I guess I've been in hiding too, under a swamp of work, instead of a nice cozy, cuddly blankie.

What have I been working on? In the past week, I've been on a roll.


Adding rolls, that is. To the tire that has taken permanent residence around my middle. Being a student isn't exactly the healthiest of lifestyles, in that it requires a lot of sitting. And being tired. Which usually = very little working out. Jeni helped add to the problem, sending me a dozen awesome Kickass Cupcakes for my birthday on Monday. I couldn't wait to taste before I took a picture. If you look closely, you can see that she included treats for my kitties too! (upper right hand cupcakes have little goldfish on them... and they're liberally laced with catnip). I can't vouch for the kitty cupcake, but the mojito cupcake was DELISH. I'm excited to try the other kinds... a Lucky cupcake (luscious lemon with white chocolate buttercream frosting), Cinnamon Chai Pecan Sticky, Super Chocolate, and one other type that I can't figure out right now. Thanks for the b-day gift Jeni!!

Other b-day gifts are postponed, as I have declared that birthdays shouldn't happen on weekdays when you're a grown up. So, I'm heading out on Saturday night with some friends for dinner at Addis Red Sea for Ethiopian food. My brother is sending a gift card (yay!), and a school friend is treating me to a massage. Yes, it sounds extravagant. She's also the friend who's been trying to battle my bulge by dragging me to boot camp exercise classes (I was so tired, i didn't want to breathe anymore and nearly promised to never eat again if I didn't have to ever exercise again).

On to the Knitting...



The long ago promised pic of crumpets. The edging, at least. Instead of a loopy knitted edge, I crocheted a scalloped edging. I wondered if the loops would get caught in little toes and make for tripping (since I made the 1 yo size).

I also made...

a hat for my friend in NYC. I made her a scarf out of this yarn (DB alpaca silk) last year, and she requested a hat. It was a super quick knit, and it fits my big old noggin, so it should fit her smaller head (but she has big hair). My first attempt at a hat, and if I don't say so myself, it's kinda cute.


I've also worked on ...



endpaper mitts. I'm SO close to being done with the first. It takes quite a bit of concentration for me, so I don't knit on these very often. Perhaps mitt #2 will get cast on over the summer.

And last...


Sandal sock #2. I've turned the heel in the past 2 days, so I'm hopeful to be done by the weekend. I still love love LOVE this yarn (Spirit Trail Fiberworks, 100% merino wool).


Pretty productive, huh? The trick to productivity when you've downgraded from a big "K" to a little "k" is that you only post every so often and inundate with pics of progress.

13 Comments:

Blogger celia said...

wow.. definitely productive. mmm... cupcakes.. yum!

12/12/07, 11:46 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

yay! another december birthday. is it this coming monday? or was it the 10th?

12/13/07, 6:40 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wow, you're getting a lot of knitting done amongst the student stuff! Belated happy birthday!

12/13/07, 6:52 AM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

Happy belated birthday! The cupcakes look so good!!!

Wow, lot of progress shots. You have been busy.

12/13/07, 7:35 AM  
Blogger Stacey said...

Those cupcakes really DO look Kickass! Happy belated Birthday...be looking for your big birthday box sometime next week!

12/13/07, 8:59 AM  
Blogger michaele said...

Wow - is that a second sock that MATCHES the first? You really have turned a corner!!!

12/13/07, 9:07 AM  
Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Happy Belated Birthday!

Those cupcakes look so yummy :)

I love your endpaper mitts & sandal sock!

12/13/07, 9:50 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Happy Birthday! Those cupcakes looks delish.

Lots of knitting pix, nice. I found the Endpaper Mitts weirdly took a lot of concentration too, which they shouldn't because it's just a graph. Yours look beautiful.

12/13/07, 12:40 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! I'm so sorry I missed it! Everything just went crazy this week.

Look at you and all that knitting. Little K, I think not!

12/13/07, 8:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those do look like yummy cupcakes. :D

12/14/07, 11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Happy B'day!

Love the sock :)

12/14/07, 5:08 PM  
Blogger Ilix said...

Those endpaper mitts look like they will be stunning!

12/16/07, 12:47 AM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

Happy New Year!

12/31/07, 2:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home