"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

not that anyone will notice

I'll be MIA until next week. I'm heading to Michigan for my brother's wedding (finally) and won't be able to post. My knitterly happenings since Monday:

not much. i'm working on the gift package for Preggo, who's baby shower is the weekend after I get back. What will be included (er, what I hope will be included)

1) Teddy Bear All in One
2) Rowan Denim Pants from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (made with butterfly cotton)
3) Booties from Frog Tree Alpaca, pattern from 50 Baby Booties to Knit
4) Booties made with coordinating mercerized brown cotton to go with Teddy Bear
5) Pair of felted clogs for Preggo.

The clogs are tough, b/c it's been so warm. But she asked for clogs more than a year ago. Since I'm moving soon, I thought I better knit them now.

And, how come I know about Knitty and Magknits but not Spunmag?
I also found some cute patterns on this blog, Knitting for Boozehags. Who can resist with a name like that? I especially like the Bevin and the Lelah-top.

See you all next week! Hopefully I'll have some FOs to report.

11 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

thanks for the links ;) safe trip!

5/25/06, 8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a *lot* of knitted presents for a baby. You are one super-nice friend. :-)

Have a great time! and of course we'll miss you!

5/25/06, 8:32 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Have a good trip and fun at the wedding! Wow, indeed, lotsa presents for one baby. Yowza.

5/25/06, 8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll notice, have a great trip!

5/25/06, 9:48 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Nice haul for the baby is right. Have a fun trip and of course we'll notice.

5/25/06, 11:42 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Have a great trip Cyn! wishing your brother and soon-to-be wife lots of happiness!

5/25/06, 7:06 PM  
Blogger celia said...

wow! what a lot of baby things.. thank goodness they're small, eh?

have a great trip and share the piccies when u get back!

5/25/06, 11:08 PM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

You are so sweet! Those are wonderful gifts.

5/26/06, 8:36 AM  
Blogger jen said...

Me niether I'd never heard of spunmag ... thanks for the link!

5/27/06, 8:38 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Knitting for boozehags - I love it!

5/30/06, 4:30 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Hey, Cyn, I should be at knitting tomorrow. I want to hear all about the wedding :)

6/1/06, 8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home