"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

one step forward, two steps back

I met up with Jeni for dinner and knitting. Jeni is always up for any kind of asian food (or so it seems) so we trolled down South Federal looking for an open asian restaurant (why are they ALL closed on the SAME day?). Saigon Bowl is always a good stand by, and I'm never disappointed (I always share the combination appetizer, 160).

After stuffing ourselves to the gills, we headed back to her house (which has the ever important air conditioning and the cute pup). She liked how my Madli Shawl looks so far, and wanted to start one with some of her super soft handpainted yarn... By the time I met up with Jeni, I had knit the entire border, the garter stitch rows, and a few rows of the center panel. I would show you pictures, but I've ripped it all the way back to the garter stitch rows because I noticed (after almost finishing an entire repeat of the pattern... almost 14 rows) that I had messed up somewhere.

LKAJSFKJA;WJEIJ(*u**(#uJAIWJFIj98PUP(R*#UQWP(*UQu9*(Pja3 mgqj389

was what I was thinking when I figured that out... but as some of you know, I obsess a little bit over my mistakes in knitting, and even though I think I've gotten better recently (I can deal with a couple unnoticable mistakes) but the yarn overs were completely off. It looked horrid. So... frog frog frog til I knew I was back on the right track.



Can you all see my nupps? (how come that sounds kind of.... dirty? or is it just me?)

In other exciting news, I got the yarn from Hill Country Yarns! And, though some of my knitterly friends might be disappointed, I will be keeping these socks. I'm not sure if the person who is checking blogs read enough of my posts to know my favored color scheme, but the yarn is blue, green, and white. PERFECTO.

See?


and, just because

7 Comments:

Blogger WandaWoman said...

I love how Madli is coming along. You're like me, get so obsessed with a project and go crazy! It's hard with lace too, so easy to make a mis-step. Madli will be just gorgeous. Can't wait to see it up close.
I like the yarn that Hill Country sent you too. Very nice!

6/13/06, 9:41 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hi sleepy Cosmo kitty!!

Bummer about the shawl... but it would've bugged me, too.

Are you sure you should be flashing your nupps on the internet?! ;)

6/13/06, 10:37 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

The nupps do look good! Not as... wobbly looking as bobbles. And stop that. I'll start sniggering like a 12 year old boy when I hear the word "nupps". Very unattractive.

I hate frogging, but sometimes you just have to. It looks like it was worth it though.

Pretty kitty.

6/13/06, 11:22 AM  
Blogger Wilma Fingerdu said...

mm food an dknittign what can be beter?

6/13/06, 3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh. Damn. Now I really have to cast on for my Madli. I have the yarn wound and everything I just never got going on it...

6/13/06, 4:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dinner was great!!

Wow seeing yours makes me wonder if mine is totally off already, I did a couple rows at lunch but need to check and see if my diamonds are going to turn out on the edge.

6/13/06, 4:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your lace looks amazing!

6/14/06, 1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home