"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Monday, June 05, 2006

A trip to the fire swamp

but I didn't see any R.O.U.S.S. I did spot one of these though:

My brother and his wife had a dragon dance performed at the reception after the wedding. Overall, I had a much better time in MI than I expected, though some bumps and bruises. Sorry, no super funny conversations with the parents to share, but I will say that my mother has finally noticed that I have a tattoo on the inside of my right ankle. I've had it for about 8 yrs now.
Here's a pic of my new sister and my brother, cutting the cake:


The first few days were spend doing wedding errands, buying a wedding present for his new wifey (I helped my brother chose a stunning bangle bracelet), a birthday present (her b-day was the day after the wedding), printing wedding programs, burning music CDs for the reception, etc etc. The wedding went fairly smoothly, and the venue was beautiful (held at Detroit Symphony Orchestral Hall). The biggest glitch was that my brother started crying while she walked down the aisle, and lost his contact. My brother is probably legally blind w/o contacts/glasses. I'm talking, I can't read the highway signs until I'm about five feet away blind.

At the reception, I sat with a couple friends and all of my cousins from my mom's side. They had a new drinky drink... the espresso martini, with which I am now enamored. After we ditched the older crowd, the rest of us changed at the hotel and walked over to a nice bar to finish celebrating the night.

The next few days I spent with a college friend... visiting favorite haunts (such as Zingerman's, Espresso Cafe Royale, and just checking out all the changes to the campus since my last visit.

Unfortunately, during my time away, i spent very little of it knitting. No time before the wedding, and it was too HOT to knit afterwards. It wasn't that it was so HOT (80-85 deg) but the 80-95% humidity gets you every time. I did manage to visit one LYS, Busy Hands. I needed replacement US6 circs, b/c my friend's new puppy thought they were a chew toy.

When I got back, i was TIRED. And on a mission to finish knitting projects for the baby shower for Preggo.




I still need to finish up a felted clog for Preggo (just a sole), and a sweater for baby 2. Due date is June 23rd, so I have some time.

In other news, I'm so excited for the next couple weeks! A few of us are lucky enough to have signed up for the Estonian lace class next Saturday being taught by Nancy Bush. Now, I dont' really know what estonian lace is, but it sounds all technical like, and I'm sure I'll learn a bazillion and one things during this class. Of course, it'll get me all primed up to find yarn at the Estes Wool Market on June 17th for newly inspired projects.
I do have some new additions to the stash, which I'll share next time.

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

you mom just noticed your tatto! :)your SIL and brother look very cute together...

the baby pants and little shes are really cute.. and wow you get to take a class with nacy bus? you will learn a lot and get your moneys worth :)

6/5/06, 6:46 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Your mom just noticed your tattoo after 8 years? That's wild.

At least your brother was already with the preacher! Imagine if he'd been walking down the aisle when he lost his contact. Sure, him pledging his vows to the best man was probably an accident - lol.

The Estonian lace class sounds like fun! Nancy Bush is awesome.

6/5/06, 8:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ok, I love the bit about your brother losing his contact!

And about your mom and the tattoo. Sounds like my dad's level of observation when my brother got his ear pierced. *shakes head*

6/5/06, 9:06 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Your brother and sil look so happy together! That was sweet about your brother crying. It's so funny that your mom just noticed your tattoo.

You fiished up those booties tres quick! Very cute. and I, of course, love those pants.

6/5/06, 10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, I can't see the pictures! I'll have to come back. It sounds like a wonderful ceremony -- in an orchestra hall! how romantic! -- and I'm glad you had a good time.
And don't worry about knitting; there's always time for that!

6/5/06, 10:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you switch the blue/green booties for the brown booties? I'm confused!

6/5/06, 11:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! What are the little brown booties? They are cute.

6/5/06, 2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home