"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Weekend Update

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that there's so much I haven't blogged about lately. I'll follow up tomorrow with pictures, but I wanted to take a few minutes and just jot down a few happenings.

Stash enhancement:
Colorful Yarns had a sale this weekend, and anything with alpaca was 20% off. I bought three skeins of larkspur funny farm alpaca, in a green color (big surprise, right?). I thought since I'll be moving to the land where you're either frozen like a popsicle or a big sweaty stinky stinkerstein, that I would knit myself up a nice lacey scarf. Maybe I'll make myself a backyard leaves with it or something. or branching out. Hmmm. That won't get knit until after I move, b/c my A/C is broken, and I'm not crazy enough to knit an alpaca scarf in this heat.

I also switched out a skein of cherry tree hill yarn. I had a brownand red/orangeish skein that I wasn't completely in love with... it was an early purchase from Colorful. Tiffany was nice enough to let me switch it out with a blue variegated skein. of course, that didn't stop me from buying one skein too (a turquoise one).

At Lambshoppe, I have been slowly acquiring enough Noro Silk Garden #34 for a Klaralund of my very own. I have 6 skeins now, and need maybe 4 more? That'll be a fall project too (assuming that my school schedule allows for knitting time. even if it doesn't, i'll have subway commute time to knit, right?)

My most exciting news is that Hill Country Yarns has selected me to be a test knitter!! The requirements weren't super duper stringent, but I figured it was a good way (i.e. more pressure) for me to blog on a more consistent basis. Ideally, I'd like to post at least 3x per week. Of course, what I would fill all those posts with, I'm not really sure.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When are you moving to town? Did you find a place to live? Do you need any help with anything?

6/6/06, 7:42 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on being selected as a test knitter - that sounds like fun.

6/6/06, 8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The test knitting is awesome, do you know what you will be doing yet?

6/6/06, 11:13 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

That's so cool, being selected as a test knitter!

No a/c? And it's hot? Yuck. I hope your move is soon. Very, very soon.

6/6/06, 12:52 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Very exciting about the test knitter! What color of Noro are you using for Klaralund? If you want to try mine on for "fit" let me know! When are you leaving town again??

6/7/06, 12:10 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

very cool, more posts ;) your going to be a test knitter for hill country yarns? how awesome is that? texas yarns, texas goodness :)

6/8/06, 8:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dang. I really have to get over here more often. That's awesome. Can't wait to see what kind of stuff they have you knit.

6/9/06, 9:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home