"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Festivities continued...

Since I obviously didn't festivate enough on Saturday (cough cough, my checkbook would disagree, cough cough), I met up with a friend and went to the Denver Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival on Sunday (in LoDo). We made a beeline for the food (and chowed down on some yummy roasted teriyaki chicken and some sushi), then sat outside to wait for the Taiko show.


That boy? Had yo yos and spinning tops down to an art form. I don't know how much time he spends practicing his yo yo moves, but damn. I was impressed.

I've slowed progress on Madli, b/c I've been knitting away on the Sweet Feet sock yarn from Hill Country Yarns. I love the colorway, but had to fiddle around with needle size. Since I'm usually a tight knitter (i use US 2 on Opal and Trekking yarns), I thought I would need a US 3 for a yarn that says to use a US 2. After casting on with a US 3, it was obviously too loose. Switched to US 2 DPNs, too loose. So, I'm down to a US 0, using magic loop. I've got about 2 inches of cuff done... we'll see how far I get before I leave for Boston on Friday.

Tonight, a few of us (Jeni, Stacey, Michelle, Nachaele, Wanda, Christina) met up in the DTC area for a free music concert and knit. Stacey brought her SP 7 along, who was in town on business. Cristina came all the way from CA, and it was so fun to meet her! After the concert, Stacey and I took Cristina to the Lambshoppe, where she bought some cotton fleece for Green Gables (I think). By then, it's almost 10pm, but were we tired? NO. We head to Monkey Bean.

During the day today, I was on the horn all day calling realtors to set up apartment viewings in Boston this weekend. I had a tough time, b/c I'm really sad to say goodbye to Denver and all my awesome friends. A couple nights ago, I was perusing all my old Evites, and saw my housewarming evite from almost 4 yrs ago, announcing that I had finally admitted I was in Denver to stay. I guess I was wrong.

7 Comments:

Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

i know your going to miss denver... seems like everyone i know from there LOVED living there and hated to go :( really cool tricks that yo yo guy is doing!

6/21/06, 5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry that you're sad...it was making me sad to read this entry. It's going to be great though...a whole new adventure! Know that many of us are going to come out to visit, hello Webs and Classic Elite outlet! Of course we'll be coming to see you most of all:) I had fun hanging out last night at the Monkey Bean...mmm...monkey balls!

6/21/06, 8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know exactly how you feel, oddly enough. moving is bittersweet! we'll drown our sorrows in margaritas next Thursday!

6/21/06, 8:57 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

:( It sounds like you have a great bunch of friends there, so it's very understandable that you're sad.

6/21/06, 9:48 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Yes, you're making me tear up here. I read your post this a.m. b4 going to work and I was sad, so I left it to comment later. We'll be sad to see you go, but it won't be the last you see of us! Haha! We'll be out to visit for sure. Thanks for the help on the shawl pattern too.

6/21/06, 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I've never heard of you having to go down a needle size before. Crazier things have happened I guess. Think it's an after effect from the nupps? :D

Don't be sad about moving. We'll miss you terribly but it's so exciting that you are progressing in your career. You will have so many more opportunities open up for you for making that decision.

6/22/06, 3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're going to Boston on Friday? When are you coming back? This isn't "the move" is it?

6/22/06, 3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home