"I hate waiting."

As you might guess, I'm a bit impatient. I had hoped that picking up a pair of knitting needles would help me learn about the virtue of patience... but it seems I just want my projects to go along as quickly as possible.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I'm So Madli In Love

And I don't think it's a healthy love either. It's obsessive, jealous, and all consuming. I can't possibly sustain this level of love, can I?



An overview of the progress. I've managed to re knit the part I frogged, and I'm done knitting two repeats (with at least one small error, which is non-noticable).



You can see the lace detail a bit better in this picture.

Please go wish Stacey a happy birhtday!! She turns 29 today!

Last night, some school friends (well, they're just friends now, since we're not in school anymore, but just like I call my knitting friends my knitting friends, even though they're more than just knitting friends... oh, you get the freaking idea) met up at Swimclub 32 in the Highlands area for some dinner and drinks. I highly recommend going, if you're not starving. It's kinda pricey for a bunch of snack sized plates and... it's the drinks. Most of the yum yum martinis are between $8-10. If you're going, you have to try the first martini (and if I had stopped there, perhaps I would remember the name of the drink). It has limoncello, strawberry puree, and it's icy, frothy, and yummilicious. We also shared some guacamole, pierogies, a cheese plate, vegetable lasagne (fresh made mozz, fresh tomatoes, pine nute, basil pesto, spinach). Very tastey (esp. the drinks) but I felt it was overpriced... so, check it out, but don't go hungry.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - that's not too far from where I'll be living! Maybe we'll have to have a martini before you move...

6/14/06, 10:55 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Madli is gorgeous. No wonder you're in love.

Swim 32 sounds good, if a bit far from me....

6/14/06, 4:33 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Your shawl is moving right along and looks great!

Dang, that place sounds pretty tasty to me...

6/14/06, 9:06 PM  
Blogger Oiyi said...

That martini sounds awesome. I could really use one right now.

6/15/06, 10:02 AM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

I didn't need to hear about food a few hours before lunchtime! Aggh! The place sounds good though. You are totally obsessively in love with Madli, I can tell. That's awesome. You're making great progress. It looks great!

6/15/06, 10:02 AM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

hey there! wow those nupps are lookin' good ;)... the shawl pattern is so beautiful! the hill country yarn is really pretty too...

6/15/06, 3:32 PM  
Blogger jen said...

Hey Cyn -- it was great seeing you and catching up with your projects!! See you soon hopefully ... :) :)

6/17/06, 6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home